Gearing up for civil unrest

Me three. My UPS guy hates me. Those 60 lb boxes are starting to screw up his back. I know he knows what they are. It's clearly labeled ORM-D. He gets a nice Christmas bonus this year.

It's only 25K for a limited buy of helmets and body armor to be delivered to the DC area. Nothing to get you knickers in a twist about.

Last edited:
Has anyone started stocking items such as the standard capacity magazines and even the types of rifles that may be subject to a federal "AWB"? I'm wondering if I should go into AWB prep mode.

god this is exhausting.

why not gather up our collective resources? while I dont think we have to worry about the possibility of the DHS taking over, I do see some realistic problems associated with a lack of or collapse in services. Once the hordes go without their checks, their EBT, their cable television, its going to be hell to pay.

So why not regionally put something together? Different sections meeting up - not just about guns, but about disaster preparedness on a local/organic level. No Martha, this isn't a militia, this is just a group of like-minded folks gathering and talking about augmenting whatever disasterous plans the state has in emergencies.

Has anyone started stocking items such as the standard capacity magazines and even the types of rifles that may be subject to a federal "AWB"? I'm wondering if I should go into AWB prep mode.

I try not to go knee-jerk on these sorts of things, but I did just order another ten surplus AK mags that I really don't need.

Me three. My UPS guy hates me. Those 60 lb boxes are starting to screw up his back. I know he knows what they are. It's clearly labeled ORM-D. He gets a nice Christmas bonus this year.

It's only 25K for a limited buy of helmets and body armor to be delivered to the DC area. Nothing to get you knickers in a twist about.

Actually, it's well over 25k. It had to be submitted to the office because it was OVER 25k, not that it was limited to 25k. It's liquid seal riot helmets, and full body riot armor for 147 people. That's in the $700-$1000 per set range, so this is a 100-150k procurement. for "Federal Protective Services" a DHS task force to protect federal property.

Do you need a reason to buy a semi-automatic rifle? OK I'll give you one.... because it's your God given right to do so. Go buy as many as you can afford. If you want black evil, killey AWB type rifles go for it. I can do a lot more damage with a bolt action rifle with good glass and a 5 round magazine at 600 meters, specially if I have a high position. You're in a world of hurt there Bro, a world of hurt and you won't know where I am.

Last edited:
Actually, it's well over 25k. It had to be submitted to the office because it was OVER 25k, not that it was limited to 25k. It's liquid seal riot helmets, and full body riot armor for 147 people. That's in the $700-$1000 per set range, so this is a 100-150k procurement. for "Federal Protective Services" a DHS task force to protect federal property.

Still chump change in the grand scheme of things

What I find terrible is the number of comments about them ordering 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber hollow-points over 5 years. With over 200,000 employees that is fewer than 250 bullets a year each. I go through more than that in a day.

What I find terrible is the number of comments about them ordering 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber hollow-points over 5 years. With over 200,000 employees that is fewer than 250 bullets a year each. I go through more than that in a day.
I think the 200,000 armed-for-the-job employee figure is the bigger problem.

Okay, so it's more likely around 135,000 armed if this site (http://www.constitutionaldaily.com/...-17774-for-each-of-us&catid=42:news&Itemid=71) is accurate. But that is still only ~666 rounds a year.

As for the number of armed-for-the-job employees, as long as they are responsible people (like the NES people here), I don't see a problem with them being armed. It's only a problem when the responsibility is removed from the equation.

Okay, so it's more likely around 135,000 armed if this site (http://www.constitutionaldaily.com/...-17774-for-each-of-us&catid=42:news&Itemid=71) is accurate. But that is still only ~666 rounds a year.

As for the number of armed-for-the-job employees, as long as they are responsible people (like the NES people here), I don't see a problem with them being armed. It's only a problem when the responsibility is removed from the equation.
Governments aren't known for being responsible.

FWIW, that's why I distinguished "armed-for-the-job." I could care less if they were carrying personally - In fact, I think we should get rid of gun-free zones and encourage such things.

The total amount ordered is about 150 sets of riot helmets, thigh and groin protectors, hard-shell shin guards and other riot gear

I don't think there is anything to worry about. Yet.

Nothing unusual, just another 6 slide fire stocks, 25K of 5.56, 4 more COLT pre ban Sporter's and 4 grenade launchers.

Do you need a reason to buy a semi-automatic rifle? OK I'll give you one.... because it's your God given right to do so. Go buy as many as you can afford. If you want black evil, killey AWB type rifles go for it. I can do a lot more damage with a bolt action rifle with good glass and a 5 round magazine at 600 meters, specially if I have a high position. You're in a world of hurt there Bro, a world of hurt and you won't know where I am.

seriously free willie is the man on NES, always enjoy his comments , gained more respect once he gave us his cliff notes of his life story, bravo sir!

When I did the math a while back, I thought it came to a total of about 3,333 rounds per person in .40 cal and .223. That sounds like a military load-out, not training rounds for a civilian agency. And jacketed hollow points? I've never been issued those for training. Keep in mind, you shoot for fun, so you go through a lot. Many LE and related types only shoot for qualification.

Seriously, this is the same group that says you buying two guns or a crate of ammo is a sign you might be a terrorist, but you aren't alarmed that they are girding for war?

Looks like the Army is gearing up too.

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-army-purchases-riot-gear-as-fears-over-civil-unrest-grow/

The contract, which was eventually awarded to A2Z Supply Corp, included requests to supply riot shields, face shields, batons and body protection.

Fears that the U.S. military would be used to quell domestic unrest in violation of Posse Comitatus have raged over recent years.

A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

I carry an umbrella if I think it's going to rain...

“147 ... riot helmets
“147 ... upper body and shoulder protection
“152 ... thigh and groin protection
“147 ... shin guards
“156 ... protectors
“147 ... pairs of ... gloves

How come the uneven amounts? You'd think it would be 147 of everything.

Even though historically soldiers do as they're told, I would like to believe that a good amount of them will be on our side if there something happens that's impactful enough to cause a widespread uprising. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I hope...

Even though historically soldiers do as they're told, I would like to believe that a good amount of them will be on our side if there something happens that's impactful enough to cause a widespread uprising. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I hope...

I've been doing my part to remind my HS classmates currently serving in the various branches to remember the Oathkeepers.

When I did the math a while back, I thought it came to a total of about 3,333 rounds per person in .40 cal and .223. That sounds like a military load-out, not training rounds for a civilian agency. And jacketed hollow points? I've never been issued those for training. Keep in mind, you shoot for fun, so you go through a lot. Many LE and related types only shoot for qualification.

Seriously, this is the same group that says you buying two guns or a crate of ammo is a sign you might be a terrorist, but you aren't alarmed that they are girding for war?

It does come to 3,333 rounds per employee. However, it's over 5 years so that comes to 666 rounds per employee per year. When you account for annual qualifying, they'll eat half of that just qualifying their personal to carry.

Federal government did away with qualifying on non-carry ammo after Reagan was shot and the Secret Service agent grazed the top of the shooters head because the .357mag Hollow Points they carried on duty had 4" less drop at the range he fired than the .38 Special Wad Cutters they were using for practice and qualifying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom