GCA 68 restrictions on how FFL to FFL dealers do business?

drgrant

NES Member
Subject says it all. What are the current limitations? (as amended from GCA68?) In the past I read something about guns needing to be shipped between dealers and can't be hand delivered, etc. There are also restrictions on gun dealers operating in states outside the state they're licensed in, etc....

The impression I got of this crap.... Some moral authoritarian/moral panic type legislator shitheads didn't want FFLs selling guns out of car trunks and that sort of thing. Lots of dealers do this and still have done this anyways regardless of what the law says, because it's nearly unenforceable. (A few eons ago, a friend of mine told me how he bought a gun from a Florida 01 kitchen table dealer by filling out a 4473 on the hood of the guy's pickup truck, who then called in the BG check on his cell phone... in a walmart parking lot, that's not supposed to be legal, lol... ) Now that having been said ATF has had a lot of tweaks and edicts to this over the years, for example at one point the gun show issue was clarified so people could still do business there, etc.

-Mike

Last edited:
Holy hell... what a f***ing rat's nest of convoluted regulations... all for "public safety"

I don't see anything that says an FFL can't pick up a gun in person, only that an FFL can't *deliver* one.

I don't see anything that says an FFL can't pick up a gun in person, only that an FFL can't *deliver* one.

Uh the FFL delivering it is the one the other FFL is picking it up from. Deliver doesn't mean you have to travel somewhere.

... A licensee may conduct business temporarily at a gun show or event as defined in paragraph (b) if the gun show or event is located in the same State specified on the license: Provided, That such business shall not be conducted from any motorized or towed vehicle.​
free-candy.jpg

I'd have to find the cite, but FFLs can make aquisitions anywhere, but only disposition items at their premises.

... A licensee may conduct business temporarily at a gun show or event as defined in paragraph (b) if the gun show or event is located in the same State specified on the license: Provided, That such business shall not be conducted from any motorized or towed vehicle.
free-candy.jpg

Here's the "loophole" to the bolded part:

upload_2019-5-12_17-21-13.jpeg

It would be funny if an FFL would sell guns on horseback..... just to screw with the feds.... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom