• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GB Non-paying buyer suggestions

It's not okay to stop the auction once there is a bid, and sell it to someone making you an offer. You would definitely be suspended for doing it. He probably wanted it and put the bid in and then decided he didn't want to pay that much. Even though GB says a bid is a contract, the only thing they can do is suspend his account also. I'm not sure there is any legal action you could take because it would probably cost you more than the price of the gun.

Last edited:
It's not okay to stop the auction once there is a bid, and sell it to someone making you an offer. You would definitely be suspended for doing it. He probably wanted it and put the bid in and then decided he didn't want to pay that much. Even tough GB says a bid is a contract, the only thing they can do is suspend his account also. I'm not sure there is any legal action you could take because it would probably cost you more than the price of the gun.
Yes, I wasn't sure if it'd be kosher with GB's policies and either way, wasn't going to do it with so little time left.
I'm just going to file a non-paying buyer report; GB says they contact him directly themselves after that.
It's the only way to avoid their listing fees and it also mandates a relist.

Just to be clear, specific performance, which is the legal term for forcing a buyer to cough up, only gets applied in very narrow circumstances. This definitely isn't one of them.

Look up his contact information on GB.

He has a phone.

Call him.

If no response after a couple days, then file for non paying.

On line auctions and beer can be a bad combo too. Not saying how i know...... or how much it cost me.
To be honest, I specifically wanted it to end pretty late on a Friday or Saturday night in the hope some peoples' purse strings would be loosened, lol. I've read enough threads of people winning GB auctions and not knowing they did until the morning after [rofl]when they had sobered up. However, I expected the winner to do the right thing and honor their debt.

I'll relist it tonight and carry on.

Can you contact the second highest bidder to see if they want it? I don't know the rules on that. Also, I'm guessing you had no luck selling here?

I have two other AKs including an Arsenal and the funds are either going to a suppressed M92 Krinkov build, FAL # 2, a Daewoo K2, or an AUG, lol.

So why sell the AK? You could sell a kidney and buy all four, plus build yourself a Bilzarian gun room.

NES - we're here to help.

OK, back to reality. If the buyer finally does contact you at the last minute, give a very short leash for payment and request a pic of the money order and tracking. I think contacting one more time with a last chance to pay is worth the effort, in case someone is on the fence for weaseling out.

edit- Oops, too late. Hope you reported his lame @ss. And please attend one of the upcoming Mass CMP matches so we can bust your balls for not selling that thing before jumping over the iron curtain. [smile]

I've had 2 non paying bidders in the last year. Its a royal pain in the butt. In some ways hardly worth the hassle.

One guy ignored me for a week, then when I called his cell phone he said "Yeah . . . I decided its not something I want". A55hole.
Refused to pay my listing fees so I had to report him.

One other guy was happy to pay my listing fees plus about $20 for my troubles. So it was sorted out iwthout having to go through GB.

edit- Oops, too late. Hope you reported his lame @ss. And please attend one of the upcoming Mass CMP matches so we can bust your balls for not selling that thing before jumping over the iron curtain. [smile]
I bought it here in NH after I moved, along with my Arsenal. But I would like to do an OCSA match this year with my Swedish Mauser.

UPDATE: Hopefully a happy resolution. I reported the non-payer and relisted in accordance with GB's requirement to relist to get seller fees refunded.

About two hours after I put it up, someone did "buy it now" at a higher price than it sold the first time around [thumbsup] .

So if I'm lucky, this buyer will come through and I will make a little extra cash for my troubles!

I bought it here in NH after I moved, along with my Arsenal. But I would like to do an OCSA match this year with my Swedish Mauser.

Swedes are no longer allowed. Bring a Mosin or Carcano. [devil]

Sounds like a good resolution to your Saiga situation- assuming you don't get catfished again.

Back
Top Bottom