Gas Tube Length question

chinalfr

NES Member
Can someone verified if this is correct? I'm confused as I ordered some gas tube and it's not the proper length for my midlength barrel. All my google search said I need a 11 inch gas tube for midlength. 13.5" inch gas tube is for rifle length. So what do you use a 15" inch gas tube?

Here is the response from the vendor.

9.5 is carbine,
13.5 intermediate
15 is rifle.

[frown]

Carbine, Mid length, Noveske Intermediate and rifle.

Copy (2) of DSC_9202.JPG

This is turning into a FAQ! There was another thread about this recently and one from months ago that had photos--which I can't find.

Essentially there are three popular port lengths: carbine, mid, and rifle length. There are also other variations like pistol (really short) but not so common and something that is close to mid but not the same--forget what they call that.

My advice is forget about measurements--they're grossly misrepresented. If you have a Mid-length gas port, get a mid-lenght tube. I posted exact measurements in a previous thread for someone but can't find it now.

EDIT: it's all coming back to me now, there's the Noveske Intermediate lenght! Which do you have again????

see AR-15 Intermediate Gas System

Last edited:

Thx. The picture really helps.

13712d1246621127-ar-15-intermediate-gas-system-copy-2-dsc_9202.jpg

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Last edited:
If we're going the FAQ direction, White Oak armament sells a 17.170" gas tube for their Match Rifle and Varmint 26" barrels.

Not real common, but you might stumble into one someday.

There is a difference between intermediate and mid length. If your barrel is mid length you need a mid length tube, NOT intermediate tube.
ETA: Pic above is very good.

Do you still have the 13" gas tubes are they from noveske? I need one for my build it's all I'm missing. I would happily pay 40$ plus shipping for 1. Let me know an thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom