• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gas masks

This better ???

Transplants+3.jpg

Thanks for the info.

If I had the money I would definitely get a gas mask and some filters from Avon protection, but I don't. I have played around with a cheap one I bought for a costume. Worked great on noxious oders for a while but not sure if I would trust it in a gas situation.

I gave you a serious answer, in the link there was a serious discusssion on the subject (and several excellent sources for purchase) without all the girly-man comments and sophomoric jokes.

When the "peace officers" are gassing a crowd (or your house) they WILL NOT allow you and yours to simply walk on by wearing masks. Most likely you'll be shot or at least tazed, forced to the ground and cuffed with a jack boot on your neck and the muzzle of an M-4 at your head while the masks are ripped off your faces. After you've been forced to breath in the gas for ten minutes or so you may or may not finally be removed from the area.

Now you're just feeding the trolls. Here I was thinking you had finally woken up.

Looks like I was wrong

I gave you a serious answer, in the link there was a serious discusssion on the subject (and several excellent sources for purchase) without all the girly-man comments and sophomoric jokes.

When the "peace officers" are gassing a crowd (or your house) they WILL NOT allow you and yours to simply walk on by wearing masks. Most likely you'll be shot or at least tazed, forced to the ground and cuffed with a jack boot on your neck and the muzzle of an M-4 at your head while the masks are ripped off your faces. After you've been forced to breath in the gas for ten minutes or so you may or may not finally be removed from the area.

Now you're just feeding the trolls. Here I was thinking you had finally woken up.

Looks like I was wrong

Not sure if that post got deleted or something, but I went back through the thread and couldn't find the links you mention here. I would be very interested in that discussion and sources if you don't mind re-posting, or pm if you don't want to put it here. Thanks.

If you want protection from actual biological agents or nerve agent, be prepared to walk around in a level 4 bio suit with your own air supply and turn your basement into a completely sealed room with it's own cleaned air supply and decontamination. Ain't going to happen. Just get the best gas mask you can that covers your entire face, learn how to put it on quickly and then gtfo.

Looks like I was wrong

It was well taken.

But then you come out and post something like this. Really? It doesn't instill confidence. Maybe I want other opinions.

It was well taken.

But then you come out and post something like this. Really? It doesn't instill confidence. Maybe I want other opinions.

You've obviously never been in the military and had to put a bio suit on lol. Like they said gas masks will protect you from CS tear gas, pepper spray and other riot control stuff but any nerve agent generally most chemical weapon gases will be combined with a vomiting agent so that if you do get your mask on you'll vomit in it and have to take it off.

It was well taken.

I deleted my post, last thing I want is to have that forum infested with NES trolls.

Will e-mail you several sources later

Last edited:
You've obviously never been in the military and had to put a bio suit on lol. Like they said gas masks will protect you from CS tear gas, pepper spray and other riot control stuff but any nerve agent generally most chemical weapon gases will be combined with a vomiting agent so that if you do get your mask on you'll vomit in it and have to take it off.

I've already stated in this thread that my main concern would be CS gas and the like. I realize that there isn't much protection nerve agents.

1. Whats the threat you are trying to counter? If it's riot agents, just go the other way! Gas/agents are only effective when they are in dense clouds.

2. Make sure the mask has a drinking tube in it before you buy it. Wearing one of these things for more than an hour really jacks up your body temp. Wearing the whole suit is even worse. You will need to aggressively hydrate.

3. If you get a military model, make sure you get the CamelBak connectors for the drinking tube as well (unless you plan to use the old 1 quarts).

4. Read up on filters, they aren't all the same. Make sure you get an appropriate one (bullet one above) and then make sure you understand how long it will last once exposed to the agent(s).

Rather be irrelevant and not need it then need it and not have it. Any prepper worth their salt has one for himself and the wife. Plus the bio suit. Just sayin..... [wink]

A full face with P100 organic and acid filters SHOULD deal with OC CS. 75 bucks plus 21 for cartridges. Would be good enough to evac to a gas free area. I have an Israeli civilian mask for escaping OC/CS or for my own use if I use OC as an area denial weapon in my own home.

IF .gov starts using that stuff on it's own people we are screwed anyway. I don't see them using anything other than CS/Pepper spray. If a foreign .gov or terrorist uses it. Well I'll take the quick death over the other options of things like slow painful death. I won't be carrying MOPP 4 gear in my get home bag. a mask that works for CS will be enough, no $2000 filters required

Back
Top Bottom