• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gartman Arms is Open

Been there a few times. My M1a came from there. It was certainly a unique experience. I wouldnt hesitate to buy something again if they had what I was hankering for at the time. I'll have to stop by and look around now that its back up and running.

The guys at Gartman have gone above and beyond for me on many occasions and it’ll always be a customer because of it.

Stop calling me when a cool AK comes in though!!

(Unless it’s a Kassnar fixed stock AKM 😎)

Benko was the first Gunsmith I ever met, was a fascinating guy. Did some great work for me, but lost it quickly at the end.

generally not one to diss a LGS, but a few yrs ag when I was helping start up a local NWTF chapter, I went to a few places looking for donations for our inaugural banquet. As typical.. you get some "sures" and some "no thanks". Generally folks are cordial and understand that asking for donations is a tough job.

The guy (boss/mgr/owner I assume) that I spoke to at Gartman was rude and a bit of an ass to me. Just kinda struck a bad chord with me... So in general, I'm not really inclined to go in there as a first stop given that experience. Doesn't help that they really don't have much for accessories or ancillary products.

That being said, I wish them well and success as a small business in the area.

I remember spending hours talking to Benko.
He had to like you to spend time talking to you.
I remember he once told me that,he would look at a persons
shoes and if they were shiny, they worked for the government.
Does anyone have pictures of the old place?

I only went in there once, but it's very clear in my mind. Long, skinny room; it was a completely different space than the current retail store.

Approaching Benko was like walking down a corridor towards a throne room, lol.

I'll have to stop by soon to check out the "Dead Guy's Guns" display case. I see something on-line that could be my next acquisition. [thumbsup]
The dead mans case is my first stop. I picked up a used Walther TPH there a few years ago. Always wanted one. Picked up a few Anti Maura items there a long time back. Plus a few others over the years. They have been good to me.

"Shep" no longer works at Gartman for a myriad of reasons. He was not "helping out," he was an employee, and no longer is.
Yes, well aware, and thankfully you have successfully moved on to where you are at now!
generally not one to diss a LGS, but a few yrs ag when I was helping start up a local NWTF chapter, I went to a few places looking for donations for our inaugural banquet. As typical.. you get some "sures" and some "no thanks". Generally folks are cordial and understand that asking for donations is a tough job.

The guy (boss/mgr/owner I assume) that I spoke to at Gartman was rude and a bit of an ass to me. Just kinda struck a bad chord with me... So in general, I'm not really inclined to go in there as a first stop given that experience. Doesn't help that they really don't have much for accessories or ancillary products.

That was definitely the old manager, not the same as the new one that has been there for a while now! Things are much better since the change that occurred a few years ago and still are today!

True. Did he ever tell you about his "home made" security devices for the shop? 😂

No he never did.
At one time, he had a 12g hooked up to the door minus the lead, so when you opened the door it went off. He would set it up and disable it every day as his security system. Then one day his daughter came walking in, it was still set up, he had to remove it after that. 🤣 She was not very happy!

Who you are referring to is never welcome back on this property ever again.

Back
Top Bottom