• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gartman Arms is Open

Gartman Arms opened back up 3/9/23. We unfortunately and tragically lost the director of our company just before Thanksgiving. We have finally jumped through all the hoops and have the necessary paperwork to be up and running again. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We are excited to welcome back our loyal customers and meet any new customers.

Gartman Arms opened back up 3/9/23. We unfortunately and tragically lost the director of our company just before Thanksgiving. We have finally jumped through all the hoops and have the necessary paperwork to be up and running again. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We are excited to welcome back our loyal customers and meet any new customers.
Nice website. Easy to navigate.

Next time I'm at the Wrentham Outlets I'm stopping by...

I was there once. The salesman was telling a customer that they didn't carry S&W because he guns were made by illegal immigrants.

Hopefully that guy is gone.
Well, S&W sucks so.

He wasn’t far off. And I’m not defending Gartman because they won’t sell Glocks and they over price shit.

-a bro who lives close.

I was there once. The salesman was telling a customer that they didn't carry S&W because he guns were made by illegal immigrants.

Hopefully that guy is gone.

How long ago were you there?

Back when the old German guy ran it (Benno? Bento?), it... wasn't a welcoming shop. He had some great stuff, priced to stay.

He was the original owner, I think. It was after he died and the kids decided to reopen instead of liquidate. They didn't have all that much stock whenever it was and still had a lot of the old stuff.

Back when the old German guy ran it (Benno? Bento?), it... wasn't a welcoming shop. He had some great stuff, priced to stay.

His name was Benko Alexander. Got to know him in 2003 and sat at his death bed in the spring of 2013.

I only met him once. He was very knowledgeable, but I got the definite impression he didn't suffer fools gladly! It was an interesting shop when he had it, but it didn't seem like they were interested in sales; I think I read on here that they made most of their money from gunsmithing.

Benko. If you put some time in with him he would throw a small tasty trinket your way, usually for a nominal price. One day I got him going about Allin conversions and walked out with an education and a set of original Winchester sling hooks.

Well, S&W sucks so.

He wasn’t far off. And I’m not defending Gartman because they won’t sell Glocks and they over price shit.

-a bro who lives close.
They used to sell Glocks. Wish they still did. I’d be back tomorrow. Great little shop.

Glock 44?

He was the original owner, I think. It was after he died and the kids decided to reopen instead of liquidate. They didn't have all that much stock whenever it was and still had a lot of the old stuff.
Mr. Gartman owned the business until 1953, Benko ran it for many decades. His daughter eventually took it over. Benko died in 2013 and we tragically lost his daughter four months ago.

That old man was a wealth of knowledge. Used to see him once and a while flying by my house on his PPG as well. At least I was told it was him.

That old man was a wealth of knowledge. Used to see him once and a while flying by my house on his PPG as well. At least I was told it was him.

Benko was one of a kind for certain. It was indeed him flying around.
He used to buzz my house between 4 and 6 PM with his American Flag Paraglider at least once a week in the Summer.

Back
Top Bottom