• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gartman Arms Co, Wrentham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped in this place. Cool Place. Apparently the owner has passed away and the daughter is liquidating the shop, the scrap metal and etc. Guns all over the walls, however many were labeled "Private Collection Not For Sale"...I was bummed seeing this on some nice hardware.

That's too bad, he was an interesting guy to talk to.

From what I understand, some of the gun smithing equipment was sold to 1776 Gunsmithing, which recently opened up on Main St in Walpole (down past Production/Industrial Rd, across from the scrap yards). I stopped in there quickly a few weeks back. Good to have a 'smith in town!

-JR

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

That is too bad, a geat loss of talent. Very interesting man to talk with, and learn from.

Does anyone know what is up with the store? I drove by last night and there was a 2x4 white sign on the window that saod "Gun Store OPEN" or soemthing to that import. I couldn't stop in and by the time I was on my way home the sign was gone. Anyone know anything?

Thy are open Thursday-Saturday 10-4. Benko's daughter Dianne and friend Jeff are running the shop now. They are renovating the store and going to be adding more inventory later this month.

That's funny, I noticed that sign yesterday too. I've never stopped in there, but maybe if they're open more regularly I'll swing by and check it out one of these days.

I stopped in a few weeks ago on a Saturday. The first thing I noticed is that some of the rifles on the walls have price tags now, and are actually for sale. Quite a collection of milsurps.

Still more of a "good ole boys sittin' around flingin' the feces" type place, but still entertaining to visit.

I believe that they are. I also believe most of the interesting stuff has been demilled (receivers cut) but I could be wrong. Give them a call.
White Feather

None of the full auto guns on the wall are working ones.The rest of the rifles on the wall are working ,but it was his collection and not for sale.Now that he has passed away I think they will sell you anything on the wall.

None of the full auto guns on the wall are working ones.The rest of the rifles on the wall are working ,but it was his collection and not for sale.Now that he has passed away I think they will sell you anything on the wall.

They will, but their prices aren't anythign special and I got the definite impression they weren't much into haggling.

He had a Win 52 and Rem 40x about 20 years ago that I wanted to buy. They are still there... I did score three boxes of Norma 6.5X55 for $15.00 each though.
White Feather

Stopped by Saturday. Still a pretty squirrelly place. The few times I asked for a price the answer was "haven't decided what to sell it at". Go figure.

I had some work done by Benko back in the 70s on a Walther PP and a 1917 Enfield. We spent an afternoon and evening fondling his collection of gold inlaid Walthers, Lugers and other shotguns and rifles. There were stories about each one that I cannot recall anymore.

While touring his shop, he told me about his machinery; he was one smart guy who could make anything.

It makes me sad to think all his knowledge is now lost to history.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom