Gardner,MA area club with indoor pistol range?

Hello,

I'm looking for a Gardner, MA area club with an indoor range and some form of competative shooting.

Nobody out here has a web site, so getting info is difficult. I don't know any local shooters to ask.

I'm taking my LTC course at AG Guns on Saturday.

Thanks,
Matt

I suggest that you do one or more of the following:

- Did you take a look at the Sticky Post in this forum "NRA's National Registry of Shooting Ranges"? They list 83 clubs in MA, hardly complete but you might find what you are looking for there.

- Take a look at GOAL's website www.goal.org for clubs and see if any of the GOAL affiliated clubs are in your area.

- Call GOAL. If you are a member ask them. If you aren't, join up and then ask them. They know all the clubs, even those that aren't GOAL affiliated.

- Ask at a local gun shop.

LenS,

I've tried all of those ideas except asking at the local gun shop. There is one in Gardner but I've never been to it.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

If GOAL never heard of any indoor club near Gardner, it's safe to assume that there isn't one there!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't anything in that area, but I don't know much about that area.

Matt,
First, welcome to the forum.
I work with a shooter who lives in Gardner. I'll send him an email right now asking him about clubs.

I'll post the info here.

Adam

LenS said:
If GOAL never heard of any indoor club near Gardner, it's safe to assume that there isn't one there!

There are some listed, but none of them have web sites where you can get info. Short of physicly going to each of them, and hoping they will be open when you get there, it is difficult to know what they have.

Matt

matt said:
LenS said:

There are some listed, but none of them have web sites where you can get info. Short of physicly going to each of them, and hoping they will be open when you get there, it is difficult to know what they have.

Matt

That's why you contact GOAL. Most gun clubs don't have websites, and many that do never update them. GOAL has the contact info on most clubs, can put you in touch with someone who can answer your questions and meet you there to show you around!

Ok... Got some info for ya...

There seems to be 2 different clubs in Gardner. One is the Gardner Fish & Gun Club. They only have outdoor covered shooting. The other is called the Gardner Pistol Club. It's an indoor range that is located in the basement of the old town hall. My friend said the best bet would be to go to either of the clubs in person and talk to someone, or to go directly to the gun shop in Gardner. He said the folks there are nice and will be happy to answer your questions about either of the two clubs...

Hope this helps
Adam

matt said:
Hello,

I'm looking for a Gardner, MA area club with an indoor range and some form of competative shooting.

I used to be a member of the Gardner rifle and pistol club, they have (had) a 4 lane 50' indoor range under what was the old courthouse, not sure what it is now, it was undergoing work when I ran screaming out of Mass 6 years ago.

Ask at the Match shot gun shop behind the pastry shop on rt 68 next to McDonalds. or with Adrien at... forget what he calls (called?) his shop in gardner. They have weekly bullseye matches.
there is also a club in Leominster that is also part of the weekly matches. they have an 8 lane indoor range.

Dave

The gardner Pistol club stil exists, it is still located underneath the old police station, next to city hall. Meetings are on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:30.
Match Shot moved from that location to East broadway in South Gardner. Adrien has retired and moved to North Carolina where gun regulations are much more relaxed.

oakenshea said:
The gardner Pistol club stil exists, it is still located underneath the old police station, next to city hall. Meetings are on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:30.
Match Shot moved from that location to East broadway in South Gardner. Adrien has retired and moved to North Carolina where gun regulations are much more relaxed.

I'm not surprised Adrien left. He was getting jerked around quite a bit because his shop was attached to his house.

If your a member of the gardner club, or see Erv, say hi from me. I liked the him and the rest of the guys at the Gardner club

Dave Carhart

Back
Top Bottom