• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GAO: IRS Had 4,487 Guns; 5,062,006 Rounds of Ammunition

rickflst

NES Member
All “Our” government agencies are well armed. Many still believe “gov” won’t turn guns on citizens.

5 million rounds is not much. Now if they had a standing ticket for 5mil a year?

IRS well armed as it does not always go well when trying to seize assets
Figure 5mil rds/5k guns. Most NES’rs would be pissed if they only had 1000 rounds to play with
To try to compare things. A organization liquidated some 22lr US Military contract aprox 7500 cases = 375 million rounds and sold out in a few days.

Last edited:
shit, I knew guys that came pretty close to those numbers in the day. maybe not 4500 guns but pushing 2000, mostly milsurp stuff. one guy had a shipping container, a big 'un, at the top of his driveway packed with ammo. when he died and it was opened, cops were called, it was determined there was no threat to blow up, a crane was brought in, and it was just lifted onto a 18 wheeler flat bed and taken away. very true, made the news and local paper then.

5,000,000 rounds, 5,000 guns = 1,000 rounds/gun
Not a lot of range time/gun

While we can debate the part where the IRS has armed agents at all until we’re all blue in the face, I have trouble believing that anyone will truly believe that having a “stockpile” of ~1200 rounds per gun is in any way absurd.

ETA: as a frame of reference, the amount of ammo I have for my sidearm is ~3k, and ~5k for the carbine.

LOL... just a reminder that anytime politicians want to enforce a law, regulation etc. it's always under threat of being enforced by a government agent with a gun.

Also just imagine the level of expert marksmanship IRS agents must display.

LOL... just a reminder that anytime politicians want to enforce a law, regulation etc. it's always under threat of being enforced by a government agent with a gun.

Also just imagine the level of expert marksmanship IRS agents must display.

If they are as anal with their rifles/training as they are with their audits... they are probably the scariest marksmen on the planet.

The take down of Leona Helmsley would have went much differently with the IRS we have now.
Picture a Waco-style high rise hotel burn and the IRS agents taking out people as they run out of the lobby on fire.

ETA: as a frame of reference, the amount of ammo I have for my sidearm is ~3k, and ~5k for the carbine.
2q040j.jpg

I made it my mantra...

I should buy more ammo...
Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō
Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō
Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō
Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō

If they are as anal with their rifles/training as they are with their audits... they are probably the scariest marksmen on the planet.

It’s actually pretty stout and they don’t hand them out like candy. I’m a CPA and have a few friends at IRS that carry daily. It surprising, but most people don’t like being served with a tax notice.

I have a relative in Ohio that is a Special Agent with the IRS and is armed on the job. When he was in the Boston area in the late 80s and early 90s, he interviewed/interrogated several accomplices of Whitey Bulger about tax evasion, so yeah, I would carry a gun too.

Back
Top Bottom