• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GA - Woman Unhurt In Shootout With Would-Be Robbers

Looking at Lulu Campbell’s bullet-riddled silver Toyota Tundra, common sense says the 57-year-old grandmother should be dead.

It’s impossible to tell how many bullets were fired at 2 a.m. Saturday morning on English Avenue, but what started as an armed robbery attempt turned into a full-blown firefight.

There are eight bullet holes in the Tundra’s hood, another in the front grill, and both front-seat side windows have been shot out. There’s also a single bullet hole through the front windshield, when Campbell shot back at one of the assailants.

Campbell, a Warner Robins resident, was leaving the Shell service station she owns on Riverside Drive at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday to take her 15-year-old grandson home.

As she pulled into her daughter’s driveway on English Avenue, her grandson went inside.

Seconds later, two men carrying guns approached her...

http://www.macon.com/2012/04/23/2000577/i-carry-a-gun-all-the-time-says.html

1ev6G8.AuSt.71.jpg

“My husband was a cop and my son was in military intelligence. Some 35 years ago, she shot her husband and his mistress after catching them together. “After that, my husband said ‘I wish I didn’t teach you how to shoot!’ ” she said.

Thats just plain funny. Dude shoulda known he was playing with fire teaching the women folk how to shoot.

Campbell said she owns several guns of all calibers, and given that she owns 13 convenience stores in Macon, Fort Valley and Columbus, she always keeps one on her hip and one in her car. Each store also has at least one gun.

Well armed, ready and able to defend herself. Not one to mess with. I'll bet those would be robbers got the surprise of their lives when she started shooting back. That takes a lot of the fun out of robbing and murdering someone, I'd guess. I wonder if she's a NRA member?

“My husband was a cop and my son was in military intelligence. Some 35 years ago, she shot her husband and his mistress after catching them together. “After that, my husband said ‘I wish I didn’t teach you how to shoot!’ ” she said.

Thats just plain funny. Dude shoulda known he was playing with fire teaching the women folk how to shoot.

And to think so many NES dudes here get all giddy that their SO had a good time at the range... [devil]

You won't see this on the front page of MSMBC or near the story of 20 people attacking the white guy in Mobile ALA While shouting justice for Trevan

You won't see this on the front page of MSMBC or near the story of 20 people attacking the white guy in Mobile ALA While shouting justice for Trevan

My son works in Mobile. I don't know what his company's policy is on firearms, but I know that he's been talking about taking a firearms safety course, buying some guns, and getting his CCW. Even before he moved down there, he was there on business several times and knows what the city is like.

I think a lot of people are going to rethink their positions on ownership and concealed carry because of episodes like this.

Back
Top Bottom