• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GA - Neighborhood "Hero" Shoots Car Burglar

A Martinez man remains in critical but stable condition after being shot during a confrontation on the 2000 block of Westfield Drive in Augusta. Authorities say 19-year-old Milo Hayes III was shot by Brete Anthony Gunby after Gunby spotted Hayes allegedly attempting to break into a neighbor's truck.

The 39-year-old says he watched Hayes enter his neighbor's truck and that's when he called 9-1-1. He then went outside with a pistol and told Hayes to stay put until the police arrived.....

http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/100825414.html

The shooting has gotten the attention of many in the neighborhood. Mrs. Ruby Underwood says in her eyes, Gunby is a hero. The almost 90-year-old mother and grandmother says if someone tries to come in her home uninvited she'll be ready too.

"I'd shoot up in the air a couple of times and I might come to another window and take another shot at them," said Underwood. "I do have a gun and I know how to use it. I was taught how to use a gun when I was 12 years old."

We need more ladies like this.

Back
Top Bottom