• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GA - Homeowner Shoots, Kills Intruder (Family Friend)

Hours after a Glynn County homeowner said he shot a man who broke into his home early Wednesday morning, he learns he knew the man he shot.

>snip<

Wiley said he heard the breaking glass, got his gun and went to investigate.

According to police, Wiley fired six shots with a .357-caliber revolver.

"I was scared, so I just kept shooting," Wiley told Channel 4's Diane Cho. "He was lying there and I could hear him breathing, so I said 'I better go back and reload.'

http://www.news4jax.com/news4georgia/25743367/detail.html

Wiley would not learn until several hours later that the burglar he killed was a troubled man he’d loved like a brother, worried about like a father and had prayed about for nearly 30 years.

>snip<

Wiley, who lives alone, was not injured. No charges have been filed. Georgia law allows homeowners to use deadly force to protect themselves and their property.

“Nobody wants to kill somebody. I don’t have guns to buy or steal. I have a gun to protect myself,” Wiley said in a soft-spoken voice.

>snip<

Stafford had been in and out of prison since 1981. Known by five aliases, Stafford had 13 prior convictions for offenses including robbery, possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, sale or delivery of marijuana, theft, shoplifting and obstruction of a police officer, records show.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-11-10/story/brunswick-burglar-fatally-shot-longtime-friend

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

"He was lying there and I could hear him breathing, so I said 'I better go back and reload.'

OMFG.....WHY, OH WHY do people keep saying stupid shit like this to the press???????

IF YOU ARE EVER INVOLVED IN A DEFENSIVE SHOOTING, NEVER, EVER SPEAK TO THE PRESS!!!!!

They have no need to know anything. And if you want to rebutt something, pay a lawyer to do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom