G43X with 15rd mag

I’ll echo what ReluctantDecoy said. They get good reviews. I was suspicious at first, but I haven’t heard of any problems yet and they’ve been out for a while. They seem to reliably allow you to run basically a slim G19.

that's why the call it the 'starter kit'...a mag and the new mag release

I actually didn't even follow the link. Good point.

They sound like a magic trick at first, which draws suspicion about how well they might work. But truth is, all they did was not use a plastic sleeve over their mags like Glock does, and utilized the saved space for more capacity. It isn't nearly as clever as it initially sounds, and makes one wonder why Glock continues to insist on wrapping mags in polymer. I bet the G19 could live up to its namesake (19 rounds) if they took this approach.

There are videos on reddit of a guy that took a dremel and removed half of the plastic skin of a glock 19 standard capacity magazine and it locked perfectly in his 43x.
Saw that; says it works well and feeds well. He did a 33rd as well I believe with no wobbling or issues.

Saw another video on Youtube where a guy figures out Beretta mags fit in G43/48, and with a new mag catch cut, seem to hand-cycle snap cap rounds. The caveat being there's a little forward/aft play to the mag when inserted and they aren't flush fit. They also don't seem to hold open after last round. Followers don't line up apparently.

The big "...but" is that I suppose one could find preban Beretta mags if that was of interest. I'm personally not going to try this, but interesting hack.

I have one here if you want to try it, I can mail it to you.

I got it from @Qwikdraw45 but have not personally shot with it

My only caution would be metal mag with a plastic mag release.... they make metal mag releases so if he wants to go the 15 round route all the time a swap might be called for

I have one here if you want to try it, I can mail it to you.

I got it from @Qwikdraw45 but have not personally shot with it

My only caution would be metal mag with a plastic mag release.... they make metal mag releases so if he wants to go the 15 round route all the time a swap might be called for
Same caution here: Heard from numerous users on other forums that teady use of the S-15 mags wears out the polymer OEM latch quickly. They said replace the OEM with the metal one if you plan on doing it.

Last edited:
Exactly right! Change out the mag release and you’re good to go. 2 of them have been absolutely flawless

I ran the Shield Arms mags when I lived in AZ. They worked great for me while adding 5 rounds to one of my favorite guns. I ran 7 of them in a Glock I was shooting weekly for a couple of years.

I have this setup. After researching any issues. I found that the mag has a little to much play in some pistols. I have two 43X's. One, no issue. The other, will jam. The mag rocks back to far to allow the top round to be stripped off the mag. I put a structural epoxy in a line and then hand fitted it so. It keeps the mag from shifting back to far. Falls free and I am carrying this setup. It is crazy, you have 16 rounds to use. In such a small package. I handled the found concern. Until shield arms catches up. I am doing this.

Attachments

• 20221201_110626.jpg
    20221201_110626.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom