• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G43X Silver or Black?

Black but that’s me.

I kept wanting an SD9VE but I just hated the stainless slide, then I found one in black and grabbed it.

I like the silver, it looks more civilized and less 1988. I like the 43x over the 48 personally. Same frame and slightly more compact with the shorter barrel.

I like my guns black unless they’re stainless. The silver looks like odd to me, especially when combined with a black frame. That’s just me though.

Black, at some point I will send the slide of the silver 43X out to be black nitride coated ( about a C note)

For those having the 43X vs 26 debate, I chose the 43X, but the one thing you lose is the mag interchangability with the 17/18/19

They both feel great in my hand, but I'd rather carry my 17, which (of course) is black. That doesn't bother me because IDGAF about the color of my defensive firearms.

For people debating about the 26, with the right holster, the 17 is easier to carry... for me.

Last edited:
They both feel great in my hand, but I'd rather carry my 17, which (of course) is black. That doesn't bother me because IDGAF about the color of my defensive firearms.

For people debating about the 26, with the right holster, the 17 is easier to carry... for me.

What are you running for a holster?

Mine is silver. I used to have a preference for black guns as I thought they concealed better. Now I don't care. The first one I found was silver (actually, it is matte enough that is almost grey), so I bought it. Buy the first one you find for a decent price.

Mine is silver. I used to have a preference for black guns as I thought they concealed better. Now I don't care. The first one I found was silver (actually, it is matte enough that is almost grey), so I bought it. Buy the first one you find for a decent price.

Good advice
Does the silver finish hold up? I had a Kahr P9 and never had a problem with the stainless slide but the Glock is a NPVD coating?

Good advice
Does the silver finish hold up? I had a Kahr P9 and never had a problem with the stainless slide but the Glock is a NPVD coating?

I haven’t had it that long and haven’t done a ton of holster work. That said, the finish looks fine so far. Also, I don’t really care about finish wear — it’s a Glock, not my nicely blued S&W Model 19.

Most of my Glocks I’ve done a lot of holster work with so they have a lot of wear on the slide. I don’t care.

I don't see many say that - what do you prefer about the G48?
Small guns don’t work well in my hands. I can do a shield with extended grip but two finger grip just doesn’t work for me. I don’t have small hands.

Actually skinny and short I can’t do. I can do short and fat grip, or skinny and long, but not both.

I may have meixed up models...I didn’t realize the X meant anything, my bad.

I may have meixed up models...I didn’t realize the X meant anything, my bad.

43 has a shorter grip and different mags. The 43x and 48 have the same grip and mags. I believe that the 48 has a 4 1/4” barrel. I think that is required for sale in Canada.

43 has a shorter grip and different mags. The 43x and 48 have the same grip and mags. I believe that the 48 has a 4 1/4” barrel. I think that is required for sale in Canada.
I was thinking 43 vs 48. Somehow I was unaware that the 43x has longer grip!

I like my hair metal and black glock 43x's

original-9217b209e526ab9d75ae2929bff27cea.jpg

What are you running for a holster?

Raven Eidolon with claw, wedge, and soft loops. It holds a 17 in nice and tight at 1:00. I can wear it even in NPEs, and nobody knows it's there.

ETA: The comment I made in my previous post about the 26 refers to the fact that I find pistols with short slides tend to want to flop out over the belt when using holsters without a wedge and claw, but you could put a 26 in the above 17 holster, and that wouldn't be a problem. I have other kydex holsters without a wedge or claw, and they still work pretty well with a 17 because of its longer slide.

Last edited:
The silver slide has been scientifically proven to add 40 to 750 feet per second which ups the one shot kill potential by almost 62.8%. However, the black slide will increase accuracy when coming out of a tactical roll which should enable you to take out 5, maybe even 6 terrorists with ease.
I know....it's a tough choice.

Back
Top Bottom