G43X or P365/P365XL?

I just recently bought a XL frame to put my FCU and regular P365 slide on as I like the feel of the longer grip and the beavertail on the XL frame. My local FFL turned me onto these Tactical Development base pads so you can use the factory 10 round P365 mags in the longer XL frame. The fit and finish is very nice and they work great! Just a heads up to the guys who want to do the same and don't want to pay $50-60 for new mags! And just to put my 2 cents worth in...Have owned both the G43 and G43X and also a P365. I own a bunch of Glocks and love them, but I have to say the P365 is a better choice. It definitely has a great trigger right out of the box. I love shooting it!

Still holding out. I would like one of the MOS ones that came out in recent months, so kind of a unicorn right now. I did see one in the classifieds on this board, but it came with all sorts of aftermarket customization that I didn't want that also drove the price over a grand. I have other options to get one, but I'm still doing the mental debate over the "worth it" factor.

I have a G19 sized P80. It's my carry gun for all times outside of work. But if I'm being honest, my stubby fingers just barely make an optimal grip on it. I have to break grip ever so slightly to use the slide release. Yet the palms of my hands are relatively fat and fill out the length of the grip. So I think the G43X would be ideal. I could probably make that the one gun for both work and after work.

I have the mos version, kinda wish I had just got the regular 43x and had the slide milled. Had to get a c&h precision adapter plate for and additional $50 to get my holosun 507K on there and even now there are very limited holster options vs the 43x due to the rail.

otherwise love the 43x, grip size and angle are great. Gotta get another one for the wife.

I have the mos version, kinda wish I had just got the regular 43x and had the slide milled. Had to get a c&h precision adapter plate for and additional $50 to get my holosun 507K on there and even now there are very limited holster options vs the 43x due to the rail.

otherwise love the 43x, grip size and angle are great. Gotta get another one for the wife.
Good point. I didn't think of that. I wanted the light rail more than the RMR cut, but if I were going red dot, it would be limiting. I'm not a fan of adapter plates.

Do you know what the native pattern is cut for? RMRcc? While I don't doubt Trijicon makes the best RMR's in terms of durability, man...those prices...

I don't, probably not rmrcc though as I'm assuming 507K is the same footprint. I could of filed down the two nubs as well as the hole pattern fit but didn't want to get into all that in case I ended up selling it

Have owned both the G43 and G43X and also a P365. I own a bunch of Glocks and love them, but I have to say the P365 is a better choice. It definitely has a great trigger right out of the box. I love shooting it!
I would also vote specifically for the p365 slide size. An XL is just tad bit longer to feel less comfortable to carry IWB. With a pinky extension mag base grip is great and for MA a 10rd capacity is perfect. Great EDC gun. There is a dedicated tlr6 module for it, I like it way better that 43x.
Front iron sight is a bit fat in my opinion but I am not going to alter it.

As of red dot on a edc gun - to each his own, I think it is counterproductive. You just need to quick draw and point at close range. A laser in tlr6 is more useful than a red dot at night.

If you are looking for something new I’d get the optics ready hellcat by Springfield as they have 10 round mags. That’s likely my next purchase.
Will also be my next carry. 'When it gets put on the Mass. gun roster !"

I don't, probably not rmrcc though as I'm assuming 507K is the same footprint. I could of filed down the two nubs as well as the hole pattern fit but didn't want to get into all that in case I ended up selling it

The RMRcc and the Holosun 507K are two different footprint cuts. I have the 507K cut from Maple Leaf Firearms and had the Nitron finish redone after the cut was made Optic Cuts - Sig Optic Cuts - Maple Leaf FAs, LLC for my P365. They did a great job. I was also incredibly lucky in that I was able to find one of the original 507Ks (with the vertical button arrangement) new and for a discount. Great fit and finish all around.

I like G48 for its optimal size for my medium-sized hands and crooked trigger finger. P365 just does not feel as good and is a lot snappier to shoot. If Hellcat were available in MA, I'd definitely try it out.

Every Glock in this wonderful state is over priced by 2-$300 , along with all the ammo sold on this site.
on Gunbroker they are $450 - $600 ( $600 do not sell fast) , but since you live in Mass, you can offer it $700-$800 and work your way down- but who would buy one it being a 6 shot , when you can buy a sig 365 , 10 shots for $499-$550

Every Glock in this wonderful state is over priced by 2-$300 , along with all the ammo sold on this site.
on Gunbroker they are $450 - $600 ( $600 do not sell fast) , but since you live in Mass, you can offer it $700-$800 and work your way down- but who would buy one it being a 6 shot , when you can buy a sig 365 , 10 shots for $499-$550
Got ya. Thanks. My nephew asked me to sell his and believe he said $600. Waiting for him to let me know.

I shot a 43x, and have held the 365.

If i had to pick one for free I would choose 365.

Shooting the 43x was cool, but I'd rather shoot a Shield instead.

No, its not. And nobody has to pay those prices. People only pay that because they're either lazy, afraid, or want someone else to do the heavy lifting for them.

No, its not. And nobody has to pay those prices. People only pay that because they're either lazy, afraid, or want someone else to do the heavy lifting for them.
Lazy? Afraid? ... what does that have to do with DB's trying to over charge because they ca get Glocks , resell at a ridiculous price.

Lazy? Afraid? ... what does that have to do with DB's trying to over charge because they ca get Glocks , resell at a ridiculous price.
Nobody with a brain cares about that f***ing thing. That's only a concern for dealers.
I myself rather get a frame and build it to my liking personally.... thats what I like about Glock is the vast amount of parts in the marketplace to customize a build. I have a 43 frame ( but I think the gun is obsolete) an
d about together another 19 frame

Well if anyone is intersted send me p.m. and i will give you some info. I know he said gen4 43 but didnt hear 43x. I will find out for sure.

I shot a 43x, and have held the 365.

If i had to pick one for free I would choose 365.

Shooting the 43x was cool, but I'd rather shoot a Shield instead.
How a gun feels in your hand is a non-predictor of how well you will shoot it.

Except in this case, you will probably shoot a 365 better. Again, I"m a Glock fanboy, and I sold my 43 and Gen 5 26 after I bought a 365.
The 365 just plain shoots better than a 43X.

Back
Top Bottom