G43X or P365/P365XL?

Let me throw a little gas on the OP's fire.....

Have you looked at the Springfield XDS ?

I add this, as I personally dismissed the Glock 43, and was considering between the P365 and the XDS. Chose the P365. Added a Hogue grip, pinky extensions for all the mags, and am good to go for now. I do have long hands, was able to hold a basketball in one hand as a teen.

Let me throw a little gas on the OP's fire.....

Have you looked at the Springfield XDS ?

I add this, as I personally dismissed the Glock 43, and was considering between the P365 and the XDS. Chose the P365. Added a Hogue grip, pinky extensions for all the mags, and am good to go for now. I do have long hands, was able to hold a basketball in one hand as a teen.

Lol the OP is obsessed with capacity so that likely isn't happening. Although the XDs is the only other gun in this "small gun" category that I don't completely
hate. (they really need to redesign that grip safety, although its a worse problem on the bigger guns than it is on the XDs.

That's probably the most level headed thing to do. I'm usually more of a jump first and then spot the landing type of person, but for once, I think I'll take this advice. Any ideas of who might have one to rent? I've seen regular 43's around, but not 43x. MFS has a pretty long list of rentals, but I only saw the regular 43.
Don't be a p***y get a running start

To the OP. You are insane.

I am a bona fide Glock bigot, and I sold both my G26 and my G43 after I purchased a P365. It is so so far superior to the G43 that you can't even begin to compare them.

yeah. the 365 got its original press because it holds 10 vs 6 rounds. But that's not really the big deal. The 365 is MASSIVELY easier to shoot well fast than the 43. The trigger doesn't stack, the gun seems to come back down with the front sight right where it was before the shot. Its just fantastic.

Don

p.s. I'm not going to say thte 365 shoots a lot better than the G26. It just shoots a bit better. The fact that it shoots almost as well as s G19, holds as much ammo as a G26 and is as small as a G43 is a bonus.

To the OP. You are insane.

I am a bona fide Glock bigot, and I sold both my G26 and my G43 after I purchased a P365. It is so so far superior to the G43 that you can't even begin to compare them.

yeah. the 365 got its original press because it holds 10 vs 6 rounds. But that's not really the big deal. The 365 is MASSIVELY easier to shoot well fast than the 43. The trigger doesn't stack, the gun seems to come back down with the front sight right where it was before the shot. Its just fantastic.

Don

p.s. I'm not going to say thte 365 shoots a lot better than the G26. It just shoots a bit better. The fact that it shoots almost as well as s G19, holds as much ammo as a G26 and is as small as a G43 is a bonus.

I'm specifically looking at the G43X. Longer grip and 10rds (15 if you're in a free state and can get the elusive Shield Arms mags). Plus, I'd almost certainly get an aftermarket trigger eventually with the G43X.

I get it. But it doesn't change the fact that the 365 is just plain easier to shoot well. But to each his own.

I would suspect the Glock is more capable of racking up high round counts.
Possibly, but also possibly subjective. Some like the grip angle of a Glock, others don't. I don't think I have a strong opinion either way with the grip angle. I will say the P365 has a pretty great stock trigger though. While I understand some people think it's a little mushy, I find the weight, relatively short break and reset to be far better than most stock triggers and find no need to replace it. But I haven't tried a 5th gen Glock stock trigger for comparison, so the jury is out for me on which would be easier to shoot well.

Maybe, depending on the SKU you order. Right now people are just getting their hands on whatever.
My point is the poster likes the idea of the 43x because someday when he moves to free America he can buy aftermarket 15rd mags for it. He already has a pistol that has OEM 15rd mags for it. By the time it matters, it seems safe he could get those mags.

Possibly, but also possibly subjective. Some like the grip angle of a Glock, others don't. I don't think I have a strong opinion either way with the grip angle. I will say the P365 has a pretty great stock trigger though. While I understand some people think it's a little mushy, I find the weight, relatively short break and reset to be far better than most stock triggers and find no need to replace it. But I haven't tried a 5th gen Glock stock trigger for comparison, so the jury is out for me on which would be easier to shoot well.
I agree with you. The stock P365 trigger is just about the perfect self defense trigger. Part of the reason it is good is that there is absolutely zero stacking. So once you begin your press it continues smoothly until the shot breaks. There is no "wall" to cause you to pull your shot like there is on the G43, even with aftermarket connectors.

Second, the recoil impulse on the 365 is far easier to manage than it is on the 43. Split times with the same accuracy are just faster. Or with the same time are more accurate. Either way, I feel like I spend less time between shots getting the gun back on target.

I'm actually convinced that part of its because of the long front strap length of the 365. If you look at the gun, teh grip is short. But because of the high undercut, the front strap length is a good bit longer than the 43.

Bottom line is that I'm a Glock Biggot. And I thing the 365 is superior to any single stack Glock.

Doesn't the 365XL already have 15 round mags available from the factory?
They do. I don't believe they come standard. The extension is quite significant on the bottom of the mag, like a Taran Tactical extension. If I had my pick of platform, I'd take the flush 15rd Shield Arms mags for the 43X, but moot because I'm in MA.

Its funny. the 15round mag doesn't seem to stick out that much more from the regular 365 than it does from the XL.

Both look huge.

Sig-P365XL-P365-14.jpg

Its funny. the 15round mag doesn't seem to stick out that much more from the regular 365 than it does from the XL.

Both look huge.

Sig-P365XL-P365-14.jpg

Believe it or not, but the slight angle and placement of the regular P365 makes it look smaller in that picture. If you overlay them on top of each other, you have to make the original P365 larger to match slide height, at which point they are the same height from mag to slide and the extension on the regular one looks even bigger.

Sig-P365XL-P365-14.jpg

so... what was the outcome? Did you find a 43x and switch? are you in Ma and they raped you and tacked on an extra $300 over mfg price?

so... what was the outcome? Did you find a 43x and switch? are you in Ma and they raped you and tacked on an extra $300 over mfg price?

Still holding out. I would like one of the MOS ones that came out in recent months, so kind of a unicorn right now. I did see one in the classifieds on this board, but it came with all sorts of aftermarket customization that I didn't want that also drove the price over a grand. I have other options to get one, but I'm still doing the mental debate over the "worth it" factor.

I have a G19 sized P80. It's my carry gun for all times outside of work. But if I'm being honest, my stubby fingers just barely make an optimal grip on it. I have to break grip ever so slightly to use the slide release. Yet the palms of my hands are relatively fat and fill out the length of the grip. So I think the G43X would be ideal. I could probably make that the one gun for both work and after work.

You should be slingshotting or overhand gripping it to drop the slide anyway. Just my .02 ;-)

Mentioning the slide release is just a relative data point about my grip size to the frame size. Most will immediately understand the issue when you frame it that way.

I do train all methods though, but the P80 has red dot. Sometimes easier at the range to use the slide release when I don't want to smudge the red dot with my hand. But I've made sure I can rack it every which way with the red dot, including dry racking off a table to ensure it will maintain zero in adverse conditions.

You should be slingshotting or overhand gripping it to drop the slide anyway. Just my .02 ;-)
until he wants to use it as a slide lock...

Sometimes easier at the range to use the slide release when I don't want to smudge the red dot with my hand.
maybe it's because I've only used one or two pistols with red dots, but why are you grabbing the lens to operate the slide?

Mentioning the slide release is just a relative data point about my grip size to the frame size. Most will immediately understand the issue when you frame it that way.

I do train all methods though, but the P80 has red dot. Sometimes easier at the range to use the slide release when I don't want to smudge the red dot with my hand. But I've made sure I can rack it every which way with the red dot, including dry racking off a table to ensure it will maintain zero in adverse conditions.
I'm left handed and as such have avoided using the slide release/lock to drop the slide. It works sometimes on some guns, but isn't something I can count on.

I've been experimenting with a red dot on my G19. I like it. One of the things I like best is how great it is to drop the slide. I don't notice smudges and frankly with a big handle like that hanging off the slide would not suggest that you avoid it. Smudges be damned.

My 5'1"wife (with proportionally small hands) shoots a Gen4 G34. She has no trouble overhanding the slide or dropping mags. If you can do this reasonably well, you will NOT gain anything by going to a 43. Especially since a 43 is nowhere near as shootable as the 19. Shot to shot recovery is much slower with the 43 than it is with the 19.

You may gain a slight benefit in ergonomics, but you will most definitely have a gun that is much more difficult to shoot quickly with reasonable accuracy.

Now, if you are interested in teh 43 because its easier to conceal, that makes sense. You are trading shootability for conceal-ability. But swapping shootability for a very slight improvement in manipulation ergonomics is definitely not worth it.

until he wants to use it as a slide lock...

maybe it's because I've only used one or two pistols with red dots, but why are you grabbing the lens to operate the slide?
It's usually incidental, but if you drill with a red dot, it happens at times. I'm not trying to grab it by the glass, but I do find parts of my hand hitting it at times.

My 5'1"wife (with proportionally small hands) shoots a Gen4 G34. She has no trouble overhanding the slide or dropping mags. If you can do this reasonably well, you will NOT gain anything by going to a 43. Especially since a 43 is nowhere near as shootable as the 19. Shot to shot recovery is much slower with the 43 than it is with the 19.

I have no reason to doubt you, but that's still weird. Small hands, yet no issue with slide stop or mag release without breaking grip on a G34? I would guess that even with small hands, her finger length must be pretty good/above average for her hand size.

I have stubby fingers. My issue with some compact size guns like the G19 is that the metacarpophalangeal joint on my thumb just barely clears the beaver tail when I have a good index of a cocked Glock trigger. That makes reaching the slide stop or mag release a stretch (literally). Any bigger of a frame, and my MCJ would be biting the beaver tail, at which point you know the gun is too big for your grip.

The thing is you don't need to reach the slide stop when you are running the gun "hot". You drop the slide with an overhand grip.

The only time she needs to touch the slide lock is to lock it back, which is 99.9% of the time done administratively, so it doesn't matter if she has to shift her grip.
I don't think adjusting your grip during a mag change is that big a deal. (The other .1% would be during a significant malfunction that requires locking the slide back. Which is really only about 1% of malfunctions. )

As a lefty, I've always used my left middle finger to drop a mag on a Glock. I can do that without shifting grip. Its so ingrained in me that now that even with an ambi Glock, I don't bother swapping the mag release. Its a crazy idea, but maybe you swap the mag release to the right side of the gun. Then you can hit it with your trigger or middle finger. Its probably unreasonable, but something to think about.

The thing is you don't need to reach the slide stop when you are running the gun "hot". You drop the slide with an overhand grip.

The only time she needs to touch the slide lock is to lock it back, which is 99.9% of the time done administratively, so it doesn't matter if she has to shift her grip.
I don't think adjusting your grip during a mag change is that big a deal. (The other .1% would be during a significant malfunction that requires locking the slide back. Which is really only about 1% of malfunctions. )

As a lefty, I've always used my left middle finger to drop a mag on a Glock. I can do that without shifting grip. Its so ingrained in me that now that even with an ambi Glock, I don't bother swapping the mag release. Its a crazy idea, but maybe you swap the mag release to the right side of the gun. Then you can hit it with your trigger or middle finger. Its probably unreasonable, but something to think about.

lol. We've gone full circle! Again, I don't always use the slide stop for releasing the slide. I originally mentioned it as a point of reference regarding my hand and a specific pistol. I think it's important to know every way to handle the situation, and I sometimes use it with my red dot gun.

I have a p365 and p365 xl.

love them both. I fell in love though with the p365 frame but a 3D printed 2” non-capacity increasing mag base and the XL slide.

I have shot the 43x. It’s nice just I didn’t love it.

Im 6’8” 250 pounds and the combo above works for me even with bear paws.

If you are looking for something new I’d get the optics ready hellcat by Springfield as they have 10 round mags. That’s likely my next purchase. Otherwise spring for an sti staccato duo optics ready single stack.

Back
Top Bottom