G43X or P365/P365XL?

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
I have the P365, now with an XL grip module. This is as small as I'll go these days for an EDC pistol. I really like it now with the larger grip, and mine has been flawless. However, I've been eyeballing the 43X lately. That might be the perfect size for a CCW. Am I insane that I'm thinking about buying one? Is it too redundant of a purchase considering I already have the P365XL? Talk me in or out of it.

God...this is like women with shoes. She'll have like a dozen that look and function the same as far as I can tell, but she'll swear they are all unique.

Honestly if you were already invested in the 365 XL why not just buy another one? That would make way more sense than buying a 43x.
2 is 1, 1 is none kind of thing? I suppose that makes some sense. I think I might like the slightly larger grip of the 43X though. I know I'll love the Glock after market support. And if I ever move to a free state, I can upgrade to Shield Arms 15rd mags.

If you can get the 43x for MSRP or less go ahead and buy it it's a good gun. I would not say to buy a 43x over the sig if you have to pay a $300 premium for the 43x. Aside from the thickness a 43x is almost identical to a g19

If you can get the 43x for MSRP or less go ahead and buy it it's a good gun. I would not say to buy a 43x over the sig if you have to pay a $300 premium for the 43x. Aside from the thickness a 43x is almost identical to a g19

That's what I'm really liking. Grip size of a G19, but a little thinner for my stubby fingers to wrap around. Also, if I go 43X instead of 48X, it might be a little nicer while sitting IWB appendix. But yeah, not looking to spend a premium just to get one in MA.

lol....I think I was secretly hoping people would tell me it was a redundant purchase, but this is making me think I should buy one now.

Go rent one and try it out side by side to your weapon with the same ammo.

That's probably the most level headed thing to do. I'm usually more of a jump first and then spot the landing type of person, but for once, I think I'll take this advice. Any ideas of who might have one to rent? I've seen regular 43's around, but not 43x. MFS has a pretty long list of rentals, but I only saw the regular 43.

The grip on the 43X is really nice , to the point that a G26 is IMHO a brick in comparison.

The only way the G26 works for a lot of people is with a +2 extension if you are in a free state, or just a different (Pierce) base plate in the PRM, and even then once you get a good grip it is still thick compared to the 43X

I would venture to bet more than a few G26's and maybe a few G19's got relegated to the back of the safe once a 43X was purchased.

The grip on the 43X is really nice , to the point that a G26 is IMHO a brick in comparison.

The only way the G26 works for a lot of people is with a +2 extension if you are in a free state, or just a different (Pierce) base plate in the PRM, and even then once you get a good grip it is still thick compared to the 43X

I would venture to bet more than a few G26's and maybe a few G19's got relegated to the back of the safe once a 43X was purchased.

That's exactly what I would have thought from looking at the specs. I have a G19, and while I do really like it and shoot it pretty decently, I think the G43's slimmer grip might actually be a better fit for me. I have mutant hands that are really wide, but short fingers. Makes glove purchasing very difficult, and also makes grip fit a hassle. The meaty part of my palm completely filled out a G19 grip, but I'm just barely comfortable with getting the right part of my finger on a cocked trigger. The 43X might solve that.

That's exactly what I would have thought from looking at the specs. I have a G19, and while I do really like it and shoot it pretty decently, I think the G43's slimmer grip might actually be a better fit for me. I have mutant hands that are really wide, but short fingers. Makes glove purchasing very difficult, and also makes grip fit a hassle. The meaty part of my palm completely filled out a G19 grip, but I'm just barely comfortable with getting the right part of my finger on a cocked trigger. The 43X might solve that.

I have a number of Glocks, 43, 43X, 48, 17, 34 & 31. The 17s, 34s and 31 are primarily competition guns, too large for me to carry most of the time. I never liked the grip of the 19 or the 26. I bought the 43 for a carry gun, but always felt that it was lacking a few rounds. I picked up the 48, and it's pretty much the same dimensions as a 19, but the grip is thinner. Whereas the 43 feels too thin, and the 19 is too blocky, the 48 is "just right", (yay Goldilocks), and it holds 10 rounds. The 43X is a 43 slide on a 48 frame.

My goto carry gun is now a 43X. I'm in a free state - and have the Shield mag on order - it's been backordered for several months now.

I have a number of Glocks, 43, 43X, 48, 17, 34 & 31. The 17s, 34s and 31 are primarily competition guns, too large for me to carry most of the time. I never liked the grip of the 19 or the 26. I bought the 43 for a carry gun, but always felt that it was lacking a few rounds. I picked up the 48, and it's pretty much the same dimensions as a 19, but the grip is thinner. Whereas the 43 feels too thin, and the 19 is too blocky, the 48 is "just right", (yay Goldilocks), and it holds 10 rounds. The 43X is a 43 slide on a 48 frame.

My goto carry gun is now a 43X. I'm in a free state - and have the Shield mag on order - it's been backordered for several months now.

G43X with a Shield Arms mag is a sweet set up. So much so that it makes me wonder why Glock continues to insist on wrapping mags in polymer. Wonder if a G19 could hold a few extra rounds if they made the mags like Shield Arms.

Dammit! Looks like I might be shopping for a G43 now.

This 100%. G26 is the only gun I've ever sold I could barely get two fingers on it. Big mits short fingers. I have no problem comfortably shooting the 43x

G43X with a Shield Arms mag is a sweet set up. So much so that it makes me wonder why Glock continues to insist on wrapping mags in polymer. Wonder if a G19 could hold a few extra rounds if they made the mags like Shield Arms.

Dammit! Looks like I might be shopping for a G43 now.

just a note; don't mix up G43 and G43X.

G43 is single stack.
G48 is stagger, 10 round mag.
G43X is G43 slide on G48 frame.

2 is 1, 1 is none kind of thing? I suppose that makes some sense. I think I might like the slightly larger grip of the 43X though. I know I'll love the Glock after market support. And if I ever move to a free state, I can upgrade to Shield Arms 15rd mags.

I went with the 43x over the 365xl. my decision really came down to the grip angle and size. Even with my tiny fingers the Sig felt like a pencil in my hand. The 43x is much more comfortable. I grabbed a couple Shield 15rd mags as well. I’ve run one with no issues, haven’t tested the other one yet.

Don't know why, but the Gen5 G19 feels awkward in my hand, but the 17 does not. Thought it would be the other way around given the size of my hands. That said, I am a big fan of the G45.

My two cents...both are great little pistols. I prefer the 43X. Like others have commented, if you have a 365 might not be back to stick with it. If you want a 43X, buy it. You can switch between both. Best of luck with your decision. Merry Christmas.

Looks at pile of easily obtainable glock mags
vs
Not so easy to obtain mags from (insert manufacturer here) including shield arms which is basically vaporware right now.

"drops mic"

hello. Im intrested in a glock 43x Martin

I’m a Glock whore and don’t care for sig polymer (P226 fan). I sold off the 43x & 43 for the 365xl. The grip is a bit thinner than the 43x but I added a hogue grip and makes a night and day difference.

I still have the 48 which is great but still haven’t carried it since the sig.

I use a slimtuk and feels great. I’m looking for a MA version regular size 365 for summer pocket carry

I went with the 43x over the 365xl. my decision really came down to the grip angle and size. Even with my tiny fingers the Sig felt like a pencil in my hand. The 43x is much more comfortable. I grabbed a couple Shield 15rd mags as well. I’ve run one with no issues, haven’t tested the other one yet.

Don't know why, but the Gen5 G19 feels awkward in my hand, but the 17 does not. Thought it would be the other way around given the size of my hands. That said, I am a big fan of the G45.

Maybe the location of the hump in relation to your hand size?

I think the consensus here is that the G43X is enough of a separate gun to warrant purchase even if one already has the P365XL. So the only question for me now is sourcing one while still very much in a pandemic.

Looks at pile of easily obtainable glock mags
vs
Not so easy to obtain mags from (insert manufacturer here) including shield arms which is basically vaporware right now.

"drops mic"

I'm sure if Glock were interested, they would have the manufacturing power (or Mecgar) to ensure fulfillment wasn't an issue. So there must be a reason they haven't yet now that it has been proven possible. Maybe it's a "tried and true" formula vs "untested radical change" that would prevent them from doing this. Glock seems rather stubborn in it's design ethos, but just a guess. Shield Arms is just not a large enough manufacturer for the type of exposure they got from their design. They were already hard to get before TFB and a few other reviewers gave them a thumbs up, but it went from weeks backorder to months.

I'm sure if Glock were interested, they would have the manufacturing power (or Mecgar) to ensure fulfillment wasn't an issue. So there must be a reason they haven't yet now that it has been proven possible. Maybe it's a "tried and true" formula vs "untested radical change" that would prevent them from doing this. Glock seems rather stubborn in it's design ethos, but just a guess. Shield Arms is just not a large enough manufacturer for the type of exposure they got from their design. They were already hard to get before TFB and a few other reviewers gave them a thumbs up, but it went from weeks backorder to months.

Lol dude they would have to change the mag catch in every gun, too. The plastic covered, metal lined mags are part of a brand identity thing as well. It's a familiar part of the gun. Magazines are also a big profit center, last thing they're going to do is whore themselves out to someone else over it if they already make them. And it's pretty obvious they can make the existing mags cheaply, for them to have a street price of like $23-$35.

Not to mention in the rest of their guns doing this wouldn't do anything. Glock is already at the better end of the "capacity density" spectrum on most of their handguns to begin with. Like if you do this to a G19, basically nothing will happen. This only "works" in the 43x/48 because the 43x/48 stock mag is inefficient compared to other glock models. There's a flopover point at which if the cartridges go to true double stack, you gain a lot of space in the magazine. The shield arms hack basically makes that happen. You can't make it happen in other glock mags, because it already has. Visualize the stacking of rounds in a G19 mag or something, dimensionally and it makes sense. Eventually theres a limit where you can't "go more double stack" and get more wins, or you introduce other problems.

Lol dude they would have to change the mag catch in every gun, too. The plastic covered, metal lined mags are part of a brand identity thing as well. It's a familiar part of the gun. Magazines are also a big profit center, last thing they're going to do is whore themselves out to someone else over it if they already make them. And it's pretty obvious they can make the existing mags cheaply, for them to have a street price of like $23-$35.

Not to mention in the rest of their guns doing this wouldn't do anything. Glock is already at the better end of the "capacity density" spectrum on most of their handguns to begin with. Like if you do this to a G19, basically nothing will happen. This only "works" in the 43x/48 because the 43x/48 stock mag is inefficient compared to other glock models. There's a flopover point at which if the cartridges go to true double stack, you gain a lot of space in the magazine. The shield arms hack basically makes that happen. You can't make it happen in other glock mags, because it already has. Visualize the stacking of rounds in a G19 mag or something, dimensionally and it makes sense. Eventually theres a limit where you can't "go more double stack" and get more wins, or you introduce other problems.

I don't see changing the mag catch on a new gen gun design being much of a hurdle. I also think if Glock said they could make the mags, people would even buy them separately to retrofit existing guns if that meant putting 15rds in a G43. I also think a G19 could be improved, albeit to a lesser degree to around 17rds. I'd take it (if I were in a free state). That polymer case might seem thin, but it's overall wasted volume is larger than you would think.

I don't see changing the mag catch on a new gen gun design being much of a hurdle. I also think if Glock said they could make the mags, people would even buy them separately to retrofit existing guns if that meant putting 15rds in a G43. I also think a G19 could be improved, albeit to a lesser degree to around 17rds. I'd take it (if I were in a free state).

It's a total dumpster fire support nightmare. Glock has MILLIONS of guns in circulation.

Also its a bad look "Oh you need to replace your magazine catch now on 9 billion guns, the one we shipped with the gun sucks and doesnt work with the
new mags we make". Yeah, I'm sure the execs at glock are lining up for that one.

That polymer case might seem thin, but it's overall wasted volume is larger than you would think.

In a Glock 19, "No It's not" (Tucker Carlson voice)

Look at a G19 mag, it's n ever happening without extending the mag. The G19 is already the most efficient gun in its class, and there are very few other guns that even
come close. Look at the CZ-P10 and the Caracal-C (not produced right now). Those were both native 15 round guns, with metal mags. Anything that can actually compete
with a G19 is either the same capacity or very close.

Protip: There are already metal G19 mags on the market, made years ago, by USA or whoever. They don't hold any more than a regular G19 mag does. Remember theres also f***ery
going on with how the ammo advances into the top of the feed tower of the mag, too. You can't mess with that too much, or the gun stops working. There is a law of diminishing returns
with regards to how you can stack ammo in a double stack magazine.

Do you really think someone hasn't thought of this before? Really? [rofl] The only reason it happened with the 43X/48 is because there was actually a design inefficiency there that was capitalized on. It's not really viable on other guns in the platform. Otherwise Shield Arms or whoever would have done it already. They haven't because it's not feasible.

It's a total dumpster fire support nightmare. Glock has MILLIONS of guns in circulation.

Also its a bad look "Oh you need to replace your magazine catch now on 9 billion guns, the one we shipped with the gun sucks and doesnt work with the
new mags we make". Yeah, I'm sure the execs at glock are lining up for that one.

In a Glock 19, "No It's not" (Tucker Carlson voice)

Look at a G19 mag, it's n ever happening without extending the mag. The G19 is already the most efficient gun in its class, and there are very few other guns that even
come close. Look at the CZ-P10 and the Caracal-C (not produced right now). Those were both native 15 round guns, with metal mags. Anything that can actually compete
with a G19 is either the same capacity or very close.

Protip: There are already metal G19 mags on the market, made years ago, by USA or whoever. They don't hold any more than a regular G19 mag does. Remember theres also f***ery
going on with how the ammo advances into the top of the feed tower of the mag, too. You can't mess with that too much, or the gun stops working. There is a law of diminishing returns
with regards to how you can stack ammo in a double stack magazine.

Do you really think someone hasn't thought of this before? Really? [rofl] The only reason it happened with the 43X/48 is because there was actually a design inefficiency there that was capitalized on. It's not really viable on other guns in the platform. Otherwise Shield Arms or whoever would have done it already. They haven't because it's not feasible.

Those old USA mags have fins on the sides to take up the space that would be otherwise filled with polymer. USA designed their mags to match Glock mag capacity and forced their design around that concept, as odd as that sounds. Wasted space. Eyeballing it, I would assume you could add at least 2 additional rounds in a flush fit mag on a G19 from recaptured space. And I'd easily take those 2 extra rounds (if I were in a free state). Hell, I can already squeeze in a 16th round in a worn in preban G19, so I don't know why you're saying it is so impossible. 17 is well within the realm of doable. Above that might be pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom