• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G43X or P365/P365XL?

How a gun feels in your hand is a non-predictor of how well you will shoot it.

Except in this case, you will probably shoot a 365 better. Again, I"m a Glock fanboy, and I sold my 43 and Gen 5 26 after I bought a 365.
The 365 just plain shoots better than a 43X.
That's a very good point. I am still new to handguns so I don't exactly know what I am talking about. I will be trying the 365 very soon however. I will say that the g17 felt like a holding a tall beer can and shot like one too :D

A few years ago, I decided that I was going to make a go of improving my steel shooting over the next year. I had 2 guns that would be appropriate. One was a Dan Wesson Pointman 9, 9mm 1911. It spent some time at the CZ custom shop and was a gorgeous gun. At 21 ft, slow fire, it would put 5 shots in 1 hole if I didn't screw up.

The other was a plain old G34 with a 3# striker spring (stock is 5.5#) and a fluff and buff on the stock internals.

The DW with its hand checkered Coco Bolo grips was pure sex. It felt good just to hold. It was more accurate. It had a better target trigger.

But when push came to shove and I tried to balance speed and accuracy either shooting steel or IDPA targets on the clock, I shot the G34 better.
A test between my G34 and my M&P 9 went the same way. the M&P has an ergonomically wonderful grip. But it didn't matter. I shot the Glock better.

Thanks for the perspective. I am still a new post covid shooter so I only have one pistol for carrying. However I would like to improve accuracy eventually, I only hit a target at ten yards for the first time recently. I have seen the glock 34 with a lot of people doing competition shooting and it sure looks like a formidable pistol.

That's a very good point. I am still new to handguns so I don't exactly know what I am talking about. I will be trying the 365 very soon, however. I will say that the g17 felt like a holding a tall beer can and shot like one too :D
G17 and an sig 365 obviously are two different beasts! 365 awesome little gun for EDC , but the G17 awesome on the range, home defense or competition.. I hope to own both someday! ... In the meantime I enjoy my g19 and S&W shield for EDC. Glocks are customizable which is awesome

Back
Top Bottom