• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G43, Shield

For those talking about the g43 price, if you are a member of gssf or sign up you can purchase the Glock 43 @ blue label pricing for $380 with the yearly discount

New members must sign up for 2 years for a coupon but if your like me with glocks its pays off in short order.

Also anyone talking about the lack of grip I completely agree and highly suggest trying out talon grips..they make a world of difference. Suggest rubber for CCW as the sandpaper grips are uncomfortable for carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I put an apex sear in the first day I owned it. The trigger was not the issue. I just found the grip too slim and slick for my medium sized hands. Beyond that, I just didn't like the firing behavior ( Likely also due to the poor and non adjustable grip.). I just couldn't keep the thing on target. Maybe if I had put talons on it.... but personally I found the M&P9c to a WAY better carry choice for me.
Unfortunately, I sold the 9c and my G26 off in a weak moment. I just picked up the PPS (not M2) . For me, it's the best behaving small 9mm I've fired. Even better than my beloved 9c in some ways.
BTW, this isn't an anti S&W rant. I own dozens of them including 4 M&P's. I'm just saying that the PPS (original or M2) are worth a look for anyone in the market for a Shield.

Last edited:
LOL!

so when are we going .. i will bring my scar 17, i nick named Terry Cruz
Wait, we?

IN

2dl1x79.gif

Just a suggestion, but if your looking for pocket carry why not take a look at a nice j frame? Smaller than both and has a heavy trigger better for pocket carry, also lighter than shield or g43. Hammerless j frame can also be fired from a jacket pocket never breaking concealability making your attacker non the wiser.
86c7ee5cda71b9165e7bfd7bc9424de4.jpg

I appendix carry my G43 in a tulster holster. I love it. It is very easily concealed. The sights are terrible, and I plan to make that upgrade shortly. But the trigger is awesome, and I enjoy shooting with it.

i'm a taller guy and i pocket carry my 43 all the time. i tend to have pants with deeper pockets though.

i'm going to guess that what ever these posters have shot first they probably will choose that over the other. I own a 43 and have shot a shield and like my 43 better.

I'm with ioman, I shot his 43 and really liked it better than my Lc9s. I've kind of been wanting one ever since.

The Walther trigger is atrocious, even worse than a stock Shield trigger in Mass compliant configuration.....
I don't think so at all. I recorded both the Shield and M2 at the same time and shot full mags of the PPS and shield after and after to get a feel for both. My old Mass trig in my shield was 10.1 Lbs , My Shield for the Last 3 years is a free state and at 5.4-5.7lb, the PPS was 5.9-6.3. And after shooting both right after a full mag in each for 30 min I found both very close, def a trigger I can deal with in a carry. not any diff than a Glock even, a tad heavier but by a LB

pics are just because who doesn't like pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 42
  • XDSvsShieldvsPPSvsG43-1-1024x877.jpg
    XDSvsShieldvsPPSvsG43-1-1024x877.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The Walther trigger is atrocious, even worse than a stock Shield trigger in Mass compliant configuration.....

You talking the pps MA trigger or the normal one? The regulat PPS and the M2 trigger are decent. The M2 is a,way better setup than the original PPS though.

For someone new and still confused by Glock availability and pricing in MA, what is the average price for a G43? Is it a lot more than the $375 for a Shield?

For someone new and still confused by Glock availability and pricing in MA, what is the average price for a G43? Is it a lot more than the $375 for a Shield?

You might be able to find a Shield for less than $375. I paid $299. You probably wont find it that cheap though.

Back
Top Bottom