• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G34 Recoil Spring Assembly

Back when I had my 17L I had good luck with a "T H E" branded tungsten rod and some ISMI springs. I still kept it at nearly stock weight, though. Not a night and day difference from stock.

Remember that if you monkey around with it too much, you will be "that guy" at the local steel match or whatever with the broken gun. And depending on the sport (eg, IDPA) you may be violating the rules by running a non-stock config.

If you're just playing at the range I wouldn't bother changing it out. Not worth it.

-Mike

I run a 13 pound spring in my G34. Roughly 15k rounds with no issues.
I run both competition fluff loads as well as normal loads through it.

It's nice for women to use who have issues racking the slide due to the factory recoil spring weight.

I also drop the recoil spring weight most all of my glocks.
My G17 has a 13 pound and my G19C has an 11 pound.

Last edited:
I like staying stock in all of my Glocks (as they are all defensive guns) except for my G34. Like my brother I run the 13lb spring in there due to the mouse-fart IDPA loads.

But other than Competition... if your Glock already functions 100% and is a defensive pistol there's really no need to go to a lighter weight spring.

I can't remember where the video is... but there's a youtube video of a group of firearms trainers doing a 1000rnd test with a stock Glock 19. They literally fired 1000 rounds as fast as they could (switching between a couple of shooters)... and towards the end the G19 got so hot the polymer guide rod melted and shot out the front of the gun as it was firing... but the G19 still functioned 100% until the last shot. The F'in Glock 19 functioned 100% even without a recoil spring guide rod.

Back
Top Bottom