• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G20, G40?

Broc

NES Member
2 Glock threads were started this week, but I don't want to derail them.

It is the third time this week I head of the Gen 4 brass issue.

I need more plastic in my life. Looking for a 10mm Glock -
What does NES recommend?
Which Gen and why?

Intended use:
OWB
Gangster
Ocassional pistol whipping
Cool FB selfies
Get b*tches - Glock gets b*tches
Open Carry when hiking
Ergonomics - no other gun can be held sideways like a Glock

I don't care about your S&W, Ruger, Kimber, Taurus ...

PS - Also looking at a 1911 in 10mm ... but want to hear about Glock. I don't want to hear about 1911s.

PS2 - Did I tell you I bought a 6.5cm? ... I wish Glock had a 6.5cm handgun.

Last edited:
Intended use:
OWB
Gangster
Cool FB selfies
Open Carry when hiking
Ergonomics - no other gun can be held sideways loke a Glock

The only answer is a glock 40

SmartSelect_20230202_082635_Samsung Internet.jpg

Woods carry - G29. The larger 10’s are like carrying a cinder block around. I dumped my G20 long ago. It was fine but so many other nice 10 options out there that I just didn’t find the 20 to serve a purpose for me (ie personal choice). Can’t beat the 29 for the woods though. If you want to hunt, go with a DW 1911 bruin or kodiak.

The G34 9mm makes for a great John Wick larp-o-rama special. I don't understand the appeal of doing that with 10mm and therefore consider the G40 impractical even by my low standards. If you want a poor man's version of the Desert Eagle the G40 could full that range toy slot.

If you want to shoot 10mm as God intended and not as ammo producer lawyers and limp wristed feds prefer, get the G20 not a compact version. Totally ok for OWB or shoulder carry. Very happy with mine. Also the G20 handles well enough as a range blaster whereas a compact version would not.

About time you joined the 10mm party!

Last edited:
The G34 9mm makes for a great John Wick larp-o-rama special. I don't understand the appeal of doing that with 10mm and therefore consider the G40 impractical even by my low standards. If you want a poor man's version of the Desert Eagle the G40 could full that range toy slot.

If you want to shoot 10mm as God intended and not as ammo producer lawyers and limp wristed feds prefer, get the G20 not a compact version. Totally ok for OWB or shoulder carry. Very happy with mine. I also have a Gen 1 Delta Elite for showing off.

Good point. I already have a G34.

Isn't the G50 the poor version of the Desert Eagle?

Good point. I already have a G34.

Isn't the G50 the poor version of the Desert Eagle?
Kinda sorta? I don't know the ballistics of that 50 GI round but I bet 10mm is hotter. Anyway I simply intended to portray the G40 as mostly a range toy.

Dick swinging aside, I have 2 guns that make me smile every time I shoot them. 1 is my suppressed 22/45, the other is that G40 meme gun. I had a G20 and a G29 few years back, for the smile factor, they don't hold a candle to that G40.

6.5cm and 40 magnum all in one week?!?!

Up is down, left is right, right is wrong!

2+2=5

Glock 20. Because it’s plenty. I carry mine in a chest rig every time I’m out on my property now. I have it stuffed full of hard cast Underwood bear loads, and to be honest I’m not really accurate with them at all…but if I accidentally his something I’m shooting at, it will probably die very quickly.

2 Glock threads were started this week, but I don't want to derail them.

It is the third time this week I head of the Gen 4 brass issue.

I need more plastic in my life. Looking for a 10mm Glock -
What does NES recommend?
Which Gen and why?

Intended use:
OWB
Gangster
Cool FB selfies
Open Carry when hiking
Ergonomics - no other gun can be held sideways like a Glock

PS - Also looking at a 1911 in 10mm ... but want to hear about Glock. I don't want to hear about 1911s.

PS2 - Did I tell you I bought a 6.5cm? ... I wish Glock had a 6.5cm handgun.
a pistol whippin with a glock? naah, not going to be too effective.

g20 gen5 should be eventually widely available, so, it is the plan. g40 gen5 is not there, yet.

You didn't mention Hi Point. You need to get the Yeetier Cannon while you're deciding on what Glock to get.

63b3c760bafe1e3f5fe93123a9f95996d0492a6c712c8.jpg

I'm relatively new to the G40. I do a lot of handgun hunting, and I wanted to expand my tools a bit and get away from the traditional hunting revolvers and TC platforms. I'm familiar with Glock, just not the G40. Anyways, bone stock G40 with a Holosun green dot. Off a rest I can manage 9/10 hits on 12" steel @ 100. Offhand, that distance goes down to about 50, I'm getting better with that trigger as I practice. My loads are all handloaded 180's that I run on the upper end. Many have said to get a KKM barrel to run cast. I've run cast through all my glocks for years and years with no ill effects. I imagine this will be no different, and thus far has digested plenty of 200gr cast RN just fine.

Its a fun gun that gives you 15rds of great stopping power/hunting capability.

FWIW if you buy bulk once fired 10mm brass it will likely be mixed small primer pocket/large primer pocket. I've seen 45acp small/large, didn't know 10mm was affected as well. That said, anyone wanna trade brass lol. I wouldn't mind either way, so long as it was all of the same.

I think a 20 is likely more useful for most people, because you're not trying to basically carry a fat g34 around....

Back
Top Bottom