G20 and .40 ammo, have you? Would you?

So as I dig into the 10mm platform, more specifically the G20, I was curious about ammo choices. I found this article and found it a bit interesting and wondered if anyone here has or does this. The ammo is certainly cheaper for range practice by about .15 cents per round for the cheaper stuff and it goes up from there, quite a bit actually. Sure, you are going to get more recoil out of those 10mm rounds so it's not perfect by any means when practicing for that quick follow up round so there's that. But have you? Would you? Do you regularly? Inquiring minds want to know.
Why I Shoot .40 S&W Ammunition With My Unmodified 10mm GLOCK 20 Pistol - The Truth About Guns

I’ve done it. Apparently the Glock is the only 10mm that it’s considered fine to do with. Or so I’m told. It did work fine to burn away the .40 ammo that was given to me.

hmmm. So 10mm and .40 both headspace on the case mouth correct? I am assuming the .40 doesn't seat all the way, otherwise the case would be too far forward and the firing pin would not strike the primer? So, if the above is accurate, what happens, does the extractor kinda hold the round against the breech face of the slide?

hmmm. So 10mm and .40 both headspace on the case mouth correct? I am assuming the .40 doesn't seat all the way, otherwise the case would be too far forward and the firing pin would not strike the primer? So, if the above is accurate, what happens, does the extractor kinda hold the round against the breech face of the slide?
That's exactly what's going on.

So as I dig into the 10mm platform, more specifically the G20, I was curious about ammo choices. I found this article and found it a bit interesting and wondered if anyone here has or does this. The ammo is certainly cheaper for range practice by about .15 cents per round for the cheaper stuff and it goes up from there, quite a bit actually. Sure, you are going to get more recoil out of those 10mm rounds so it's not perfect by any means when practicing for that quick follow up round so there's that. But have you? Would you? Do you regularly? Inquiring minds want to know.
Why I Shoot .40 S&W Ammunition With My Unmodified 10mm GLOCK 20 Pistol - The Truth About Guns
You could get a guy to s*ck your d*ck if you can't get a date with a woman. But do you really want that?

I’ve done it. Apparently the Glock is the only 10mm that it’s considered fine to do with. Or so I’m told. It did work fine to burn away the .40 ammo that was given to me.
Really i feel like i tried this and i could never get it to work

But i forget its been a hot minute

Never in 100 years. f*** that noise. [rofl]

40 S&W is not going anywhere near my G20, barrel change or not.

Glocks are cheap enough that you can BUY THE CORRECT HANDGUN (a 22, 23 or 35 to launch 40 S&W. )

Also if anyone is gay enough to do this, at least do it with a barrel change. Headspacing off the extractor = absurd. At a bare minimum you're probably going to compromise the
accuracy a bit, as well as gunk up your chamber worse.

40 doesn't head space properly and you are just holding the case by the extractor. This is not good for extractor and extractor spring health. Also you are jumping the gap between the round and the chamber. This most likely is not that good for the barrel chamber and will also make it much more difficult to clean. Although this can be done with any 10mm gun it is the same for all, the case is being held by the extractor. You would be better served by purchasing a 40 conversion barrel for your G20. I would not make a habit of this practice.

No expert, but my FK Brno SDS has a 10mm barrel, and says you can use .40. I have shot maybe 75 .40 rounds thru it with zero issues. The pistol is such a beast I was a a little worried that it wouldn't be able to cycle .40, but again, zero issues.

Gave this a shot today and no bueno. Repeated failure to feed. Got annoying pretty quick and I moved on
I wonder if the drop in replacement barrel has a different feed ramp. They do say to use the same mag per the Glock Store instructions for the conversion.

if you really want to up your .40 experience, you should get the M&P .40. It will fit both your hands and your budget like an underage Thai prostitute (girl of course). Eventually, as you become one with the M&P, you'll find yourself using your glocks for things like chocking car wheels when you do an oil change

Also if anyone is gay enough to do this, at least do it with a barrel change. Headspacing off the extractor = absurd. At a bare minimum you're probably going to compromise the
accuracy a bit, as well as gunk up your chamber worse.
I might have ¼ inch larger groups and have to clean my chamber more? THE HORRER!

You must cry when hot brass lands in your high heels when shooting.

Back
Top Bottom