G19 vs Sig P320c

Re: striker springs. My G19 (reasonably modified gen4). Would not reset the trigger properly using anything less than a 5# striker spring.

Changing striker springs? Protip: Save yourself the time- just take a kettlebell weight thing, strap it to a beam with a rope, like a pendulum, and then just give it a good swing, and let it smash you directly in the nuts. That's what you're doing when you mess with the striker spring on a Glock. It literally regulates several different things in the gun. When you change it, you're f***ing up several variables simultaneously.

Nearly EVERY glock I've ever seen f*** up, SOMEONE has f***ed with that spring. It's basically a guarantee.

Change sights to trij HD. OCC trigger. (basically fundamentally OEM, but way better) 3.5 minus connector. OEM ext slide lock. DONE.
steel/tungsten rod with a 15# wolff spring. or a 13#. it does matter and a difference feels very well.
instead of an OCC i run an overwatch polydat flat face one.
all the rest stays, yeah.

Changing striker springs? Protip: Save yourself the time- just take a kettlebell weight thing, strap it to a beam with a rope, like a pendulum, and then just give it a good swing, and let it smash you directly in the nuts. That's what you're doing when you mess with the striker spring on a Glock. It literally regulates several different things in the gun. When you change it, you're f***ing up several variables simultaneously.

Nearly EVERY glock I've ever seen f*** up, SOMEONE has f***ed with that spring. It's basically a guarantee.

I've modded all my Glocks. This one was the only one that has had that issue.

I usually stick with 4.5-5LB Springs. No light strikes.

I've modded all my Glocks. This one was the only one that has had that issue.

I usually stick with 4.5-5LB Springs. No light strikes.
"For now. " it's not even light strikes that are the worst potential problem. That one spring changes how the entire gun operates.

"For now. " it's not even light strikes that are the worst potential problem. That one spring changes how the entire gun operates.

What is the worst?

What I know is that it it has an effect on:

1. Light strikes
2. Trigger pull
3. Trigger reset (in conjunction with the TRS)

My heavily modified G17 (G4) has over 17,000 rounds through it. Only had two issues, a connector snapped (poor design) around 10,000 and the Recoil spring wore around 8,000 rounds.

I change the springs and do a polish on all my Glocks along with a connector...

I'm not a big P365 fornicator type like the rest of the world is, but I can agree that if I bought one I would just leave it alone, they put reasonably OK sights on it and the trigger is OK out of the
box. Every glock I buy, by the time I get done with it is a $750-850 gun, and thats without paying an MA retard price for the base gun. And I don't put any ZEV bullshit or any of that gucci garbage in my Glocks, either. Change sights to trij HD. OCC trigger. (basically fundamentally OEM, but way better) 3.5 minus connector. OEM ext slide lock. DONE.

Plastic recoil springs? Plastic trigger? If you're f***ing around with that stuff in a Glock too much you have a few screws loose. That's how you quickly get into f***ed up gun
territory. Blech. Those are the same people who change striker springs. Blech. [laugh] Hell some of my other guns like my EDC, I only have the connector changed and cheaper replacement sights on them.

I hear you. Sights are usually the first upgrade I do with my Glocks. The recoil spring tension is stock, I just prefer the additional weight up front of a metal guide rod. With the 17, I replaced the trigger, trigger bar and connector with a Zev pro and it’s a big improvement from stock while leaving the trigger spring alone. I may do the same now with my 19 as I really don’t like Glock triggers, pull, grittiness, reset, etc. The grip plug is a must... another Glock el cheapo. Part probably costs Pearson pennies to mass produce and Glock hasn’t figured out in over 30 years that no one wants that gap in between the mag and grip?

Here’s the thing: Glocks are ugly, simple things. So they get upgraded/tweaked/Guccified. My Sig looks and feels great from the factory, so it stays stock...

What is the worst?

The gun f***ing up, jamming, generally performing like shit. If yours is fine more power to you. I just won't do it. Not now, not ever. There's too much timing stuff going on there to make
me ever want to f*** with it.

I hear you. Sights are usually the first upgrade I do with my Glocks. The recoil spring tension is stock, I just prefer the additional weight up front of a metal guide rod. With the 17, I replaced the trigger, trigger bar and connector with a Zev pro and it’s a big improvement from stock while leaving the trigger spring alone. I may do the same now with my 19 as I really don’t like Glock triggers, pull, grittiness, reset, etc. The grip plug is a must... another Glock el cheapo. Part probably costs Pearson pennies to mass produce and Glock hasn’t figured out in over 30 years that no one wants that gap in between the mag and grip?

Some combinations of aftermarket bars and connectors will fail things like safety testing, so watch out for that shit. That's why I just avoid it. That's why I just use OCCustoms, their stuff is great because it's just polished OEM stuff.

Glock factory sights are trash but its almost like its an open admission. "Lets not make you pay for something expensive that you didnt want. So knock out this cheap thing here and
replace" In the old days at least you could get Factory NS but I dont think they even offer that anymore, too much supply chain problems. Actually strike that tho, I have two glocks that came standard with Ameriglos on them... so they're not all that shitty.

Lol I stopped caring about grip plugs 10 years ago. Although I think my EDC has one in it... but I have other gen3s with no plugs, don't care. Sure as hell not using them on any of my 4 or 5s. It's just an asthetic thing I guess if it bothers someone or not. I have better things to worry about now.

Here’s the thing: Glocks are ugly, simple things. So they get upgraded/tweaked/Guccified. My Sig looks and feels great from the factory, so it stays stock...

Lol, well that and literally nobody makes anything for Sig P365s, either. So you can't change anything because theres literally nothing to buy for it. but given what a P365 is, it makes
sense. I didn't do anything on my G43, as an example, other than change the sights on the gun. The rest I just left alone.

I surprise how many people ready spend up to $700 for pistol which designed for shoot 22 feet distance
I have S&W Shield in 40 caliber and do better then you with P365
I'm ready to pay for full size pistol that I shoot 50 feet and see result .....

I don't keep anything stock, but that isn't because there is something "wrong". I like to tinker. I also think, at least in the case of Glock, there is a ton of low-hanging fruit in terms of "improvements" from stock. Glock is lazy. They have been using the same crappy sights for decades. Are you seriously telling us that you think stock Glock white U sights are the most effective in 2020 or just very cheap to go along with a simple, reliable, inexpensive (everywhere but MA) polymer handgun? Same goes for the plastic recoil springs, trigger, etc.

Sig offers night sights on every model. Sig offers better triggers on their up-market models. Glock is like Ford, you can get any color you want as long as it's black... with a crappy trigger and cheap sights

FWIW, I own a Sig 220, Glock 19 and Glock 17. My EDC is a Glock 19 Gen3... not stock. Not particularly interested in the P320 as I'm comfortable with the G19 and my G17 is an MOS, don't need another pistol/optic platform...
I think people try to convince themselves that extra $200- 300 they paid for Glock in MA really make sense.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've got all Glocks and 1911s. I never liked Sigs. But the 365 is so superior to Glock's offering in this category that its impossible to ignore.

I've actually replaced 2 glocks, my 43 and my 26 with my365.
Same here. I sold my G43 and G26 (thru NES) this year. I actually like the P365 so much that I bought a P365, P365SAS and P365XL.

W
Same here. I sold my G43 and G26 (thru NES) this year. I actually like the P365 so much that I bought a P365, P365SAS and P365XL.

Wow. I'm not that into it. Ha.

How do you like the SAS vs the regular 365??

One other nice thing about the 365 is that a MA resident can get a gun with a great stock trigger.
Yes, the manual safety is terrible. But it can be removed in about 3 minutes. It will probably take 15 minutes the first time.

Remove the FCU from the grip module and the safety comes right out.

Strangely, there are people who WANT a manual safety P365, so there is actually a secondary market for the safety lever and grip module with the cut out.

Only my regular 365 has a manual safety, The SAS and XL don't
I just got the XL last week. Haven't shot it yet. I'm going to try to get to the range today.

I like the fact that the gun is so modular. Have a 365 and want an SAS? Just buy the slide. Have 365 and want an XL? Swap it out (with different mags)

Ya..hhhh
My friend has SAS and from 22 feet away we can't get target in the center
Sig say that inside the specccccccc......

Only my regular 365 has a manual safety, The SAS and XL don't
I just got the XL last week. Haven't shot it yet. I'm going to try to get to the range today.

I like the fact that the gun is so modular. Have a 365 and want an SAS? Just buy the slide. Have 365 and want an XL? Swap it out (with different mags)

You can and should remove the safety from the regular 365. You don't want to have similar carry guns that work differently.

It comes right out.

the funniest part - it is planted there in gif library as a 'frustrated face palm'.
so, he is not frustrated there, at all - by the script he is quite drunk, and listens to a song of an another soviet relict - vladimir vysotsky - and gets overwhelmed with emotions. used to be considered funny.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xVdxDWFWU&list=PLWBrxhwPHbUM93vUnzGWhogwc9xmxoJ7F&index=3&t=0s

35.24 into it.

of all the places to possibly see something like that, to find it here - ... :)

Very good result
But I mentioned that all small carry pistols good enough for short self defense distance
You don't have to spend so much money , that's the point
Also you will not have time to look at your $500 red dot

Very good result
But I mentioned that all small carry pistols good enough for short self defense distance
You don't have to spend so much money , that's the point
Also you will not have time to look at your $500 red dot
Sounds like you need to train more and/or quit huffing the fumes of articles from the 90s. That red dot, used correctly, supports a threat focus making it even easier to use.

Besides, what's it matter to you how others spend their money?

That red dot, used correctly, supports a threat focus making it even easier to use.
This. ^
One neither looks for the dot, nor focuses on the dot. In fact at times it seems one is poking little holes in something just by looking at it. It's the damndest sensation. Chi and all that I guess.

Last edited:
I surprise by such aggressive reaction on my 5 cents comments. Sorry for my intruding in your BLA..BLA society
I newer count anybody money and how they were spent. I just have my opinion base on common sense and this is not my fault that some people just do not have it

I surprise by such aggressive reaction on my 5 cents comments. Sorry for my intruding in your BLA..BLA society
I newer count anybody money and how they were spent. I just have my opinion base on common sense and this is not my fault that some people just do not have it
I'm guessing you're responding at least in part to my reply. If you thought it unnecessarily aggressive, I apologize. I'd hate to turn away such a font of common sense, and would love to learn at your feet.
Please enlighten us with the source of your common sense; tell us about your experience and training, and how that brings you to the conclusions you're sharing. We're all on a journey, I'd love to learn how yours can help inform my own.

Back
Top Bottom