G19 preban mags?

Considering laying out the cash for gen4 glock. Mainly for the ability to purchase standard capacity (see what i did there?) preban bags for it. I realize other options exist that would satisfy this need, but a glock is what I desire. My concern is the availability of these mags. I realize that they probably don't grown trees, but are they as rare as unicorn turds or even worse....M&P compact mags?

They are around but expect to pay a premium for them. I believe there are some for sale right now in the classifieds.

Considering laying out the cash for gen4 glock. Mainly for the ability to purchase standard capacity (see what i did there?) preban bags for it. I realize other options exist that would satisfy this need, but a glock is what I desire. My concern is the availability of these mags. I realize that they probably don't grown trees, but are they as rare as unicorn turds or even worse....M&P compact mags?

5 minutes on gunbroker will get you more than you can buy.

You only need a couple, so cost shouldn't be much of an issue. Then stock up on the 10 rounders.

Once you get them, you will probably want to replace the springs with new Wolfs. Make sure it feeds HP bullets correctly.

My Gen4 gun had some issues with old pre-bans. The solution was a follower from a Gen4 high cap mag, which presented the bullet correctly into the barrel.

They are usually $40-$50. u notch are without a doubt pre ban.

now the 31 rounders, those are real unicorns.

Just remember. Its not your job to prove its pre-ban. Its theirs to prove it isn't.

Even still. The undoubtedly pre-ban U notch mags are actually cheaper than later pre-ban mags because they're not metal lined. This causes splitting issues and makes them non-drop-free when loaded.

I prefer them. The mag splits when loading, not once in the gun and if it does split, it won't stop the gun from functioning. And since I'm left handed, I prefer non-drop-free because I've accidentally bumped the mag release on things while carrying. The Gen4 looks to be better with respect to that, but I still like a mag that won't drop. Especially since I don't carry a spare mag.

Don

p.s. Don't make it easy by doing something stupid like carrying with a Gen 4 mag with the cut out for the ambi safety.

Last edited:
Id rather just buy pre ban have the piece of mind I wont be raped by Martha Coakley

Just remember. Its not your job to prove its pre-ban. Its theirs to prove it isn't.

Even still. The undoubtedly pre-ban U notch mags are actually cheaper than later pre-ban mags because they're not metal lined. This causes splitting issues and makes them non-drop-free when loaded.

If U-notches are your thing at least get the partially metal lined ones. The unlined ones are worthless and pure shit, and I wouldn't pay a dime for them.

I pretty much hate U-notches anyways and I sell every one I come across because I hate them, but at least if someone is going to get U's they should get the later revisions. Thankfully the unlined mags still floating around there are usually ****ed up and unsalveagable at this point and will work their way out of the channel.

-Mike

I've got a couple of unlined U notch ones. They work fine for me in the 19. When I switched from a Gen3 to Gen4, I had reliability problems that were resolved by putting in a new hi cap follower and a wolf spring.

With that said, I used to have 3. One split on me this spring. But they never split catastrophically while in the gun. When they are in the gun, they are supported by the mag well. They tend to self destruct when out side of the gun. Ha. I really like how they are snug to the magwell. I've dropped more mags than I can count by accident.

Last edited:
i'll sell you mine for 200$ each lol...

if this bloody state bans pre ban mags for glock. im going to a glock 30.. so it will be a glock 26 for summer , and a glock 30 instead of my 19 for winter..

i'll sell you mine for 200$ each lol...

if this bloody state bans pre ban mags for glock. im going to a glock 30.. so it will be a glock 26 for summer , and a glock 30 instead of my 19 for winter..

I would do the same thing.

I prefer 15 rounds of 9mm over 10 of .45.

But, if there was an all out ban of pre bans - 10 rounds of .45 in a sub would be just great instead of 10 rounds only of 9mm.

But, if there was an all out ban of pre bans - 10 rounds of .45 in a sub would be just great instead of 10 rounds only of 9mm.

Very good point. Thats what my friends in CT are doing. The law passed in specifies that even if you have legally owned standard capacity mags, you can only load 10 rounds when you carry. Ridiculous.

The CT law does have one "out". The first time you are caught, its only an infraction, like a parking ticket. Even still, I sense a shift towards larger caliber firearms among shooters in CT i know. A 10 round G19 is pointless.

Actually, I would prefer two 10 round magazines of either caliber than 1 15 round magazine of either caliber. Why? a FTF, FTE is most likely going to be caused by a magazine problem, and in that case I would like to be able to switch magazines.

I have or should I say had a 30 rounder for a g19 that I let my friend borrow. Need less to say I don't think I am getting it back cuz he said he lost it. Do you think he really lost it, actually the reason was He didn't think it was preban so He hid it real good in the house and can't find it or loves it so much he won't give it back. When he said the preban thing to me on the phone, my eyes rolled and replied why would you think that? And the response was I don't know. He did offer me what I paid for it, which was a hundred bucks at the time. Oh we'll my lose I guess .

the real ironic thing is, you ready for this........ I gave him my g19 to hold becuase my wife was bitch me out becuase I had too many toys, I mean guns. So I gave it to him with 1 30 rd and 4 15 rd mags. And said one day I will take it back. I did the transfer and everything so it would be in his name. 1 year later I ask about the 30rd thinking to myself that I would recoup some of the money. Since I gave it to him to hold I didn't ask for any money for the gun or mags. I figured I could get my 100 bucks back for the 30rd. Well, joke is on me now that it is lost.

Last edited:
*yeh never loan those happy sticks.. if you want to shoot one id be there in person to get it back in my hand lol... you friend probably still has it.

SBI.. damn i should have went ..

Actually, I would prefer two 10 round magazines of either caliber than 1 15 round magazine of either caliber. Why? a FTF, FTE is most likely going to be caused by a magazine problem, and in that case I would like to be able to switch magazines.

Thats a nice concept in theory. But many of us, myself included, are too lazy to carry a spare mag.

Also, anyone who has spent any time actually shooting a glock knows that while it is not an ideal way to carry, it is reasonable considering the guns reliability.

Using factory ammo and a factory mag, I've never had a glock fail to fire, extract, eject and reload a round. Ever.
When i sold my Gen 3 G34, I had over 30,000 rounds through it.

The only time it has failed on anyone else shooting it was when they limp wristed it, causing a stoppage that is easily solved by simply cycling the slide by hand.

Thats a nice concept in theory. But many of us, myself included, are too lazy to carry a spare mag.

Also, anyone who has spent any time actually shooting a glock knows that while it is not an ideal way to carry, it is reasonable considering the guns reliability.

Using factory ammo and a factory mag, I've never had a glock fail to fire, extract, eject and reload a round. Ever.
When i sold my Gen 3 G34, I had over 30,000 rounds through it.

The only time it has failed on anyone else shooting it was when they limp wristed it, causing a stoppage that is easily solved by simply cycling the slide by hand.

I don't understand the link between being lazy and carrying a spare magazine. I'm guessing what you mean to say is that carrying a spare mag is too cumbersome or uncomfortable? For me, it doesn't matter how reliable I believe my handgun is, it's a matter of having more rounds at my disposal on my hip should I happen to need them. Now I've never been in a gun fight, but judging by the reports of many people who have been, your magazine dries up much quicker than you think it will, regardless of capacity.

Just sayin'. I carry IWB strong side with one spare mag holder OWB weak side. It's perfectly comfortable with the right gear and slightly evens out the weight distribution on your belt line, (depending on the gun). A 15-round G19 mag is the heaviest loaded mag out of the several different pistols I carry throughout the changing seasons. I carry that in a Fobus plastic paddle-type single mag holder.

Back
Top Bottom