• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FYI TAURUS G3C 9mm

I thought you couldn’t Taurus in mass??

I’ve heard this pistol is getting good....

What does the Taurus offer (besides the potential sh*tty quality) that Kahr CM9, Glock 26, Sig P365 and others similar that have been around for longer dont offer?

The Taurus came out on the last stupid MA. list. From what I have heard they have good reviews. I have a Sig 365 XL, great gun, but for $290 and slightly bigger than a 365 plus it comes with 3 mags. I will pick one up. Makes for a good range/backpack/truck gun. For those that judge all other gun shops by Four Seasons prices. FS is selling them for $329.95. I guess I have been lucky over the past 40 years, the few Taurus handguns I have owned were pretty good shooters.

Yeah I don’t see the point. If low cost is the main concern a lot of rugers are pretty close to the same price point and have a history of dependability and great customer service.

Gun runner in Middleborough has a bunch of them in stock also. I guess Taurus isn’t having the demand that all the other manufacturers are. There is probably a reason for that.

Yeah I don’t see the point. If low cost is the main concern a lot of rugers are pretty close to the same price point and have a history of dependability and great customer service.
With the exception of the American pistol pretty much every gun from ruger looks like they asked a person with parkinsons to draw a gun and made that a reality....

I can't stand the way almost any ruger looks.

I am serious here ...

If the goal is to have a cheap handgun to throw in your truck, then might as well get a Yeet Cannon. Online they go for $200 or less.

Unlike the Taurus, the Yeet Cannon could demand a higher price in a decade or so and Hipoints are better built than Taurus.

With the exception of the American pistol pretty much every gun from ruger looks like they asked a person with parkinsons to draw a gun and made that a reality....

I can't stand the way almost any ruger looks.

Ha, fair. To your point they actually do design them around what works best with their injection molding system. Ultimate function over form process. they do offer the LCP in about 16 different colors though, so they have that going for them.

Ha, fair. To your point they actually do design them around what works best with their injection molding system. Ultimate function over form process. they do offer the LCP in about 16 different colors though, so they have that going for them.
I did get suckered in by one of those lol. They make good guns that run forever I'll give them that

Just got back from the range after running 100 rounds through my Taurus G3c 9mm w/o any problems. Once you get used to the long heavier trigger pull it is quite accurate and a very soft shooter recoil wise. Also shot my SIG P365 for comparison. Recoil the same and, although the SIG's trigger pull is definitely better, and has better sights, the Taurus performed equally well and is quite a deal for 1/2 the price of the SIG and comes with 3 very high quality 10 round magazines. Another advantage of the Taurus is that is can use SIG P226 mags...which means you can use SIG P226 15 round preban mags in the Taurus.

Last edited:
I did not shot G3c but hold in my hands and play little with it. I did not find anything wrong with the pistol and surprise how many negative reviews find on forum
that brand new model and not many people have it. how could be judged so badly ?
Maybe some of the critics have extensive experience in gun manufacturing and see something that other coudn't

I am serious here ...

If the goal is to have a cheap handgun to throw in your truck, then might as well get a Yeet Cannon. Online they go for $200 or less.

Unlike the Taurus, the Yeet Cannon could demand a higher price in a decade or so and Hipoints are better built than Taurus.
The Taurus G3/G3c is miles better than a shit-point (anything)....

For only ~$100 less than a Canik? I'd save my pennies and go with a tp9DA. I paid something like $329 for mine about half a year ago. Taurus makes frames out of pressed Pringles lids, and I remember a video where a Taurus semi was going bang just by slightly wiggling the gun.

A friend of mine in Mass just showed me the G3C he bought a few weeks ago, I didn't shoot it, but it did feel good in my hand. It's a bit thicker than my Shield, but that's to be expected because it's a double stack. I liked the texture and placement of the checkering, the gun felt pretty tight and the trigger felt pretty good too. I was unaware that it can be fully cocked by the trigger, unlike a Glock, Shield, FNS or others, which require partially racking the slide to reset the trigger in case of a misfire. I was also unaware that it can take SIG 226 mags, I have a P228 so I already have bunch of SIG mags, even a 30 rounder. I really don't need another 9mm, but this looks like a good deal for the price.

Have a G3c and P365. New to the scene but the Taurus shoots as well as the Sig for me. I have a few hundred rounds through the Taurus with varied ammo and no issues.

Sig is is smaller for concealed carry so that is my EDC.

Back
Top Bottom