FYI , about Sig Firearms and magazines

I mean, Sig does kinda suck at times but at least read the damn thing before you comment. They are specifically stating you will get the second mag at a later date. I dont see how this is an attempt to "screw" anyone, with the alternative being shipping half the amount of guns. (or less) For those looking to make a purchase the alternative of a gun and one mag or no gun at all is an easy one.

Look here when Sig releases a gun that has a slide release with burrs so sharp they draw blood and includes blued mags with a stainless gun only to spew some garbage about Secret Service only when pressed on it deserves ridicule whenever possible.

Yes I got 2 stainless mags to go with the blues in the end and my wife loves her P365 but let’s keep it real...

Look here when Sig releases a gun that has a slide release with burrs so sharp they draw blood and includes blued mags with a stainless gun only to spew some garbage about Secret Service only when pressed on it deserves ridicule whenever possible.

Yes I got 2 stainless mags to go with the blues in the end and my wife loves her P365 but let’s keep it real...
I got it. like I said, Sig does kinda suck. But it’s not like they are just saying too bad, you only get one. (For now) I wouldn’t past them to F this up further though

Last edited:
Just a hunch here. Check out the pistol that shipped with one mag. Does the mag say...Made in Italy? I heard they got some major issues going on there right now.

the pistols from last year were Italian made by meccgar , the new pistols are US made by checkmate and as drgrant said , checkmate makes terrible mags

If they were smart they would offer an extra mag on top.of the one they owe you.

That is how Webber grills or Dillon Precision operate. Sig...[rofl] Your going to have bend over and kiss the ring and pay shipping. They will scatter a few to keep the discontent to a low din when they have them.

ETA: more like kiss the Legion coin. Lol.

Yes I read the article. Yes anybody who only gets one mag will probably more then likely should get their second mag. eventually. Sig just has a tendency of doing unethical stuff without a care in the world for their customer's. I think they put out some really cool cutting edge products. The problem is their usually only about 3/4 baked. Every company does stupid stuff and every company has made mistakes. they just seem to do it more often than most. That's my opinion which is worth what you paid for it. When they have something that I want I will buy it. I'll just wait until what ever it is that's its on the market for at least a year.

Yes I read the article. Yes anybody who only gets one mag will probably more then likely should get their second mag. eventually. Sig just has a tendency of doing unethical stuff without a care in the world for their customer's. I think they put out some really cool cutting edge products. The problem is their usually only about 3/4 baked. Every company does stupid stuff and every company has made mistakes. they just seem to do it more often than most. That's my opinion which is worth what you paid for it. When they have something that I want I will buy it. I'll just wait until what ever it is that's its on the market for at least a year.

agreed , sigs biggest R&D department is their customer base , and they work for free

Buy an FN, they give you three.
Right. That's good, since spare mags are insane. I was looking at a used FNS-9. $325. But spare mags at $49???? No thanks!
and FN pistols are more reasonably priced.
Yeah, silly. Some sold at discount prices. Cheaper almost to buy a second gun to get spare mags for the first.
I only have 2 Sig pistols, both 1911’s, and their 1911 mags suck so bad we sent back a box of 100 to them saying we don’t want them.They all get fed with Wilson’s now, not one problem since.
Supposedly. Had a 9mm 1911 for my wife years ago. I knew the most she'd be able to shoot was one mag, with no mag change (severe arthritis). So, I wanted the most reliable mags. Got some 47D's, since everyone raved about them. Malfunctions with those, and never the factory Springfield mags, so I got rid of them.

I got it. like I said, Sig does kinda suck. But it’s not like they are just saying too bad, you only get one. (For now) I wouldn’t past them to F this up further though
S&W, Ruger and Glock are legendary for long term service.

A local had the alloy frame crack along the rail on a SIG. SIG did not use the term "free replacement" but "acceptable service life" and offered him a good price on a replacement gun. He got the gun, and it was well used. Sig's response? "You certainly didn't expect a new gun for that price". Well, actually he did, knowing that if it happened to an alloy frames S&W he would have received a free replacement. I knew SIGs marketing manager socially at the time and he thought it was ridiculous that anyone would even think to expect a replacement gun.

Right. That's good, since spare mags are insane. I was looking at a used FNS-9. $325. But spare mags at $49???? No thanks!

I got my FNS-9 (two-tone) a few years ago for $399 NIB, it came with three mags.

I guess you didn't get the memo when Ruger told owners of many older guns that they would no longer repair them or even sell parts.

I'd like to shoot my 44 Carbine again someday, but if it breaks I'm screwed.

There are no parts and no service available for the below discontinued products that were produced in Newport, NH.

Red Label Shotguns (serial # beginning with "400-" or "410-")10/22 Magnum RiflesNew Model Single-Six SSM
Trap ShotgunSingle Six .17 Hunter Convertible Mach 2 Cylinders.44 Magnum Carbine Rifles (original model)
Red Label Wood SideM77 Mark II Rifles in Short Ultra-Mag Calibers96 Series Lever Action
Gold Label ShotgunM77 Mark II Express RiflesOld Army
AC-55677/50 Blackpowder RiflesDeerfield
.357 Maximum RevolversSecurity Six RevolversHawkeye Pistols
180 Series Mini-14 rifles (serial # beginning with "180-")No. 3 RiflesTang Safety Model 77 Rifles
PC Carbines (PC4 and PC9)

Orrr because they are losing their shirt on the military contract. Along with the "voluntary upgrades" that they can't call a recall due to numerous open lawsuits [laugh]

Glock has contracted...
FBI
ATF
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol
U.S. Army Special Forces
CIA
Secret Service

And apx 60% of the civilian U.S. market is made up of Glock and apx 60-70% of local police forces use Glock. And this is just domestically not counting all the other agencies, militaries and consumers globally.

Yet they still give you 3 mags...

Glock has contracted...
FBI
ATF
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol
U.S. Army Special Forces
CIA
Secret Service

And apx 60% of the civilian U.S. market is made up of Glock and apx 60-70% of local police forces use Glock. And this is just domestically not counting all the other agencies, militaries and consumers globally.

Yet they still give you 3 mags...

My glock came with 2...

A local had the alloy frame crack along the rail on a SIG. SIG did not use the term "free replacement" but "acceptable service life" and offered him a good price on a replacement gun. He got the gun, and it was well used. Sig's response? "You certainly didn't expect a new gun for that price". Well, actually he did, knowing that if it happened to an alloy frames S&W he would have received a free replacement. I knew SIGs marketing manager socially at the time and he thought it was ridiculous that anyone would even think to expect a replacement gun.

The deal is in the pre cohen days Sig had a product that was nearly infallible, and instead of acknowledging their new reality they kept doubling down on
their reputation, this mindset got carried forward despite the fact that "things had clearly changed". Then when the consumers got less fussy, starting during obama admin, and getting retarded at sandy hook) most of these companies have started milking the cow because their reputation was no longer
beholden to people who were mostly enthusiasts. Admittedly, their current QC is somewhat better than a few years ago, but this really isn't saying
much.

Rob, did your friend with the cracked frame, did he have the anodizing worn off the frame all over the place before the cracking happened? My guess is
this might have happened during the "Nitron Madness" era. Basically between poor slide/frame fitment tolerances, and REALLY abrasive nitron on the
slides, the guns would machine themselves to death. If you got lucky you got one that did it a little and then stopped. If you were unlucky you got one
that pretty much machined itself to death just about. [laugh] Of course things were more complex than just that, over the past decade or so a bunch of
changes happened to their products, between the frames changing as well as a migration to MIM parts in some cases, with mixed results. Sig's MIM process at times was really poor- people posted pics of hammers gouging themselves, takedown levers/locks just shearing off, etc. Thankfully things
generally aren't that bad anymore.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom