Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is that the tweet that got James Woods banned from twitter again ???
I'm sure you remember Scrivener. Probably the most valuable and respected legal a$$4013s on this site, ever. How many times was he banned before the the end?

(I always think of Shark / Scrivener when I hear James Wood's name)

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm sure you remember Scrivener. Probably the most valuable and respected legal a$$4013s on this site, ever. How many times was he banned before the the end?

Oh yeah, I remember Keith.
In fact, if not for him, I wouldn't be the proud owner of a Strayer-Voigt Infinity. [smile]

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My dad did essentially the same thing with an ant colony, about 15' x 25' when I was a kid. My mom's rock garden became infested with red ants and my dad tried everything to get rid of them. Finally he poured gasoline over the whole thing, thinking he would just set it ablaze and would kill the ants. My dad was a very smart man (chemical engineer) but not a lot of common sense sometimes.

After he poured the gas, he remembered he forgot the matches. In the 3 minutes it took him to go in the house, find the matches and get back to the task at hand, the gasoline has sunk into the ground, saturating the very large ant colony.

I'm pretty sure if he had left it at that, they would've died but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....he lit a match, threw it on the garden and the way mom describes it (she was watching from the kitchen window), the ground erupted like Mt Vesuvius.

My dad was covered with dirt, his hair on his arms and his eyebrows were singed off. His hair on his head was saved because he was wearing a hat but even that was blown off. He's really lucky that's all that happened. Any stones in the garden were blown away from the garden, some as far as 20 feet away, fortunately none hit him.

The ants never returned, but neither did the vegetation...

Last edited:

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My dad did essentially the same thing with an ant colony, about 15' x 25' when I was a kid. My mom's rock garden became infested with red ants and my dad tried everything to get rid of them. Finally he poured gasoline over the whole thing, thinking he would just set it ablaze and would kill the ants. My dad was a very smart man (chemical engineer) bit not a lot of common sense sometimes.

After he poured the gas, he remembered he forgot the matches. In the 3 minutes it took him to go in the house, find the matches and get back to the task at hand, the gasoline has sunk into the ground, saturating the very large ant colony.

I'm pretty sure if he had left it at that, they would've died but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....he lit a match, threw it on the garden and the way mom describes it (she was watching from the kitchen window), the ground erupted like Mt Vesuvius.

My dad was covered with dirt, his hair on his arms and his eyebrows were singed off. His hair on his head was saved because he was wearing a hat but even that was blown off. He's really lucky that's all that happened. Any stones in the garden were blown away from the garden, some as far as 20 feet away, fortunately none hit him.

The ants never returned, but neither did the vegetation...
I was working on my wife's jetski, laying on the ground under it, using a socket wrench. Dropped one of the sockets into a hole in the ground. Which turned out to be a nest of yellow jackets. Who promptly came out and started stinging me. I moved the jetski, poured about a gallon of gas down the hole and tossed a match. Beautiful flame coming up out of the hole, probably 3 feet high or so.

Then my wife came out and started yelling. Said I should have used wasp spray on them. I just laughed at her - and told her that my way worked.

A week or two later I found another nest on the other side of the lawn - torched it too.

My wife says that it isn't easy being married to me sometimes. I tell her that she had options, she made a choice.

nstassel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The Phalanx is a pretty badass CWIS. It looks and sounds like the real thing.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I loved reading his posts...very smart guy if not a bit "acerbic".

bfm

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

also

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

also

I like this better

View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093CEWYQ/ref=psdc_404817011_t4_B015ORIMQW

Top Bottom