Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I Rickrolled an entire college class including the professor and still earned an A on the project.
Donnie Darko clip... I had a ton of Rick roll screen caps at the end. Interleaved them for the last 20 seconds and ended the ckipnwih them. Yar. Rick roll as you can.

If you can't. Nick Cage plugin for chrome is good.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
newly found pics of the titanic
1573141825548.png

apparently, as it set sail a 30 foot long scorch mark next to a coal storage bin was photographed.

The possibility was that there was a coal fire in the hold, and they could not put it out but set sail anyway.

The fire was mentioned in the official inquiry if 1912, but nothing was done. John Dilley was an eye-witness to the Titanic‘s coal fire, an engine room worker, he saw what was happening first hand and his accounts are chilling. Dilly reports, “There were hundreds of tons of coal stored there. We made no headway against it … we didn’t get the fire out … from the day we sailed, the Titanic was on fire …”

Interesting...super heated steel hull would lose its strength!

Last edited:

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
newly found pics of the titanic
View attachment 311347

apparently, as it set sail a 30 foot long scorch mark next to a coal storage bin was photographed.

The possibility was that there was a coal fire in the hold, and they could not put it out but set sail anyway.

The fire was mentioned in the official inquiry if 1912, but nothing was done. John Dilley was an eye-witness to the Titanic‘s coal fire, an engine room worker, he saw what was happening first hand and his accounts are chilling. Dilly reports, “There were hundreds of tons of coal stored there. We made no headway against it … we didn’t get the fire out … from the day we sailed, the Titanic was on fire …”

Interesting...super heated steel hull would lose its strength!
I have been seeing that reported for several years now. It’s one of the reasons the ship was at full steam when it hit the iceberg. They were trying to use up the coal, when the iceberg hit that “soft spot”. You can see the dark area in a news reel as it leaves the harbor.

RC

rommel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been seeing that reported for several years now. It’s one of the reasons the ship was at full steam when it hit the iceberg. They were trying to use up the coal, when the iceberg hit that “soft spot”. You can see the dark area in a news reel as it leaves the harbor.

RC
I had seen a documentary about this. From what I remember, they said the fire happened a month or 2 before the first voyage. They knew there was damage to the structural integrity of the hull, but chose to hide it to save from embarrassment. They also gave creedence to this theory because contrary to what most people believe, icebergs are not super hard or solid. They are massive, but they are not a solid piece of ice, especially at the edges. They concluded that an iceberg should not have caused a rip in that steel hull. Or perhaps it was all fake news, you never know anymore.

Top Bottom