Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
+1 for the DCI clip.
Instead of going straight to college, for the last 3 years my son has been working and taking classes part time while playing with the Spartans (Manchester, NH). It took me a while to "get it", but I do now. At 20 he's basically ticking off a bucket-list item and building memories for a lifetime. You age-out at 22 so picture 130 guys and girls, ages 16 - 21, traveling on buses, sleeping on gym floors or on the buses, for 2-3 weeks at a time, having zero down time. They're either practicing, setting-up, tearing down, performing, loading, unloading, maintaining, eating or sleeping. The 18 wheeler kitchen trailer feeds them about 4,000 calories a day in 3.5 meals yet the kids usually lose 5-20lbs of fat and gain lots of muscle over the summer. They do before/after swim wear selfies and the transformation in 2 months is really visible. Apparently it's pretty funny when the buses pull into a small town without notice and 130 sweaty, smelly kids take over the only 3 laundromats in town[laugh]. Every kid has a duty. One year my son was in charge of getting about 50 brass instruments properly loaded in a tractor-trailer. His job title was "horn loader"[rofl].
Well, I thought it sounded funny, but deep down inside I'm still 14.
"Get busy living" is a good concept. I did so much playing that year that skipping the gig was mostly forgotten in my mind.

Hehe. Horn Loading is serious business. I also remember the fellow tuba player who recruited me switched to a different group because the Cavaliers were all dudes. He did a year with Magic and then I think went into the Marines. I switched out of music and back to engineering and lost touch.

And yes. This image is funny. Ish:
QuahogQuintet1.jpg

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I’m going with broken drive shaft on this one.
I'm thinking on that one. But the marks in dirt smell like he just ditch dribbled an empty box to me. I would have expected a trough If it had launched off the pogo stick. And maybe a bit more speed scrub.

I think the driver just went right and hit the drainage ditch. Then the drive way. Then back down in the drainage ditch. And Whoops there the box goes on the roof.

@appraiser here's your call!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is Paul Walker from the Fast and the Furious franchise. He was racing his car down the streets in Hollywood and died in a crash car fire.
So, I believe that the situation was Paul Walkers buddy was “ trying out” Paul’s brand new Porsche SGT3, with Paul in the passenger seat. The car required more talent than his buddy had and he lost control. The SGT3 is actually Porsche’s factory race prepped and scca legal right off the showroom floor. The have 5 point harnesses,roll cages and soft compound tires,as sold . I’m not sure but I think that they cost around 200k but are delivered ready to race.

rcwhat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So, I believe that the situation was Paul Walkers buddy was “ trying out” Paul’s brand new Porsche SGT3, with Paul in the passenger seat. The car required more talent than his buddy had and he lost control. The SGT3 is actually Porsche’s factory race prepped and scca legal right off the showroom floor. The have 5 point harnesses,roll cages and soft compound tires,as sold . I’m not sure but I think that they cost around 200k but are delivered ready to race.
Holy bullshlt. First it was a carrera gt, second it was not owned by Paul. It was owned by Roger Rodas, the one that was driving.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
speaking of Mickey: comb-over like the rest of us ;)
View attachment 302407
One of my college profs had the most heinous of all heinous comb-overs. It almost seemed like he was deliberately exaggerating it for comedic effect. I don't mean to cast shame on people with thinning hair - mine's a lot thinner than it used to be too (although of late it's showing up in of all places, my ears and nose). At any rate, specifically because of his 'do, I swore a BLOOD OATH that if/when it would become "feasible" to have a comb-over, I would shave the rest off before I would submit.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I work from home, it's 2:30 AM and my gdmn cat just woke me up to tell me that he's hungry.

I'm installing last night's build and reading NES - while thinking of killing that little fcker.
You do know cats aren't like dogs, you can fill a dish with food and they will eat on their own schedule. Now if I forget to fill the dish and it's time for my cat's 2am snak, you're dam right I'm getting up.

Top Bottom