Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Er um. :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zxphrznik

So I was showing my son some DCI closers. He knows I joined a group once upon a time and stayed with them for a bit but couldn't afford the plane tickets to keep playing with the group. (My CC got maxed out, scholarship to play only covered the fees and room and board; transportation was on me and I had to bail. )

I almost switched to Magic, or PR, since that would have been cheaper. But .. this was the group I was chilling with and learning stuff on and had a horn in my dorm room for a semester.

Watch till the end. There's a MAGA surprise.. At DCI Champs no less. Good group; that. Wish I'd been able to stay with them.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ever notice that sharks viewed upside down are scarier than usual?
I gave up salt water swimming many a year ago.

They absolutely need to bring on Atty Stone as a named partner.
Just one Atty Stone.

And run the risk of him taking the whole firm down? They'd be better off firing the second Mr Bird, trimming all the shrubberies around their offices, and hiring Mr Hand to replace him as named partner.
Kind sir, that is entirely too obtuse for this forum.

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Er um. :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zxphrznik

So I was showing my son some DCI closers. He knows I joined a group once upon a time and stayed with them for a bit but couldn't afford the plane tickets to keep playing with the group. (My CC got maxed out, scholarship to play only covered the fees and room and board; transportation was on me and I had to bail. )

I almost switched to Magic, or PR, since that would have been cheaper. But .. this was the group I was chilling with and learning stuff on and had a horn in my dorm room for a semester.

Watch till the end. There's a MAGA surprise.. At DCI Champs no less. Good group; that. Wish I'd been able to stay with them.
+1 for the DCI clip.
Instead of going straight to college, for the last 3 years my son has been working and taking classes part time while playing with the Spartans (Manchester, NH). It took me a while to "get it", but I do now. At 20 he's basically ticking off a bucket-list item and building memories for a lifetime. You age-out at 22 so picture 130 guys and girls, ages 16 - 21, traveling on buses, sleeping on gym floors or on the buses, for 2-3 weeks at a time, having zero down time. They're either practicing, setting-up, tearing down, performing, loading, unloading, maintaining, eating or sleeping. The 18 wheeler kitchen trailer feeds them about 4,000 calories a day in 3.5 meals yet the kids usually lose 5-20lbs of fat and gain lots of muscle over the summer. They do before/after swim wear selfies and the transformation in 2 months is really visible. Apparently it's pretty funny when the buses pull into a small town without notice and 130 sweaty, smelly kids take over the only 3 laundromats in town[laugh]. Every kid has a duty. One year my son was in charge of getting about 50 brass instruments properly loaded in a tractor-trailer. His job title was "horn loader"[rofl].
Well, I thought it sounded funny, but deep down inside I'm still 14.

Top Bottom