Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually, a 42 gallon oil barrel holds 303 pounds of oil, which weighs 7.21 pounds per gallon.
Your math was wrong because you calculated it based on the weigh of water, which is 8 pounds per gallon.
Oil is less dense than water, that's why it floats on top.
It was a trick statement: An oil barrel filled with OIL will weigh that. An oil barrel as typically filled may contain some water.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, speaking of talking fish. I built this in 1999. Used it as an example of how a database app can be integrated with most anything with a little creativity. Presented it at a software conference.

Yeah, I know... this technology is to "last century"...

:)

time to upgrade big mouth billy bass to either an Alexa function, or maybe even AI so it has a mind of its own....

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I did update it a few years later to include a speech driven conversation bot. One that pretended to be a psychologist. So the fish would give the user therapy sessions...

I've written books on software. I've spoken at dozens of industry conferences. I've been a great father (I think!). And the thing that people remember... the damn talking fish. Turns out it was a great piece of gimmick marketing.

time to upgrade big mouth billy bass to either an Alexa function, or maybe even AI so it has a mind of its own....

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I don't know what you're referring to. I did the "talking fish" in 1999 at a software conference. The idea came to me while drinking beer. The message was if our company could integrate a database with a talking fish, we can integrate it with anything.

Not bad marketing for a techno-geek, huh?

We actually had one company use the talking fish in a video they sent to all their clients about their services. And I had some therapists reach out to me asking how I did it. They said this would be great to communicate with autistic kids. And, yes, I gave them all the info they wanted.

Hold on - you didn't come up with the original talking fish on the wall, did you?

chrbla2000

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't know what you're referring to. I did the "talking fish" in 1999 at a software conference. The idea came to me while drinking beer. The message was if our company could integrate a database with a talking fish, we can integrate it with anything.

Not bad marketing for a techno-geek, huh?

We actually had one company use the talking fish in a video they sent to all their clients about their services. And I had some therapists reach out to me asking how I did it. They said this would be great to communicate with autistic kids. And, yes, I gave them all the info they wanted.

-chris

Top Bottom