Fundraiser for the family of Jack Marlowe from Original Bob's Feeler - Feedback Wanted

rudiewhitebwoy

NES Life Member
NES Member
Many of you knew the former manager of Original Bob's Gun Shop & Shooting Range in Salisbury, Mass. Jack died suddenly last week at the age of 52. Some NES Members had suggested some sort of fundraiser at Original Bob's to benefit Jack's family. I spoke with the current Manager of Bob's, Aaron Bernstein after Jack's Wake. He has offered to host an NES Shoot/Benefit on a Monday night. The shop is normally closed on Mondays. He said $20.00 a head for which you get admittance and a raffle ticket for a gun. He was thinking a wheel gun as they were one of Jack's favorites. Proceeds would go to Jack's family. I spoke to Sue, Jack's Widow, at the wake briefly about a fundraiser. She was very appreciative of the sentiment, but being that there was a long line behind me, I told her I would contact her in a few weeks to discuss it. I ran this by Derek and he gave me the thumbs up.
What I'm looking for is input on the following;

· If a certain Monday is better than another?

· How many people would commit to attending?

· Any other ideas that might enhance the donations to Jack’s family?

Any input is appreciated.

Dave aka rudiewhitebwoy

I might not be able to make it. But I will send/drop off my $20.

I bet if you decouple the raffle from the event, you will raise a lot more money for the family. Or if that is cumbersome, maybe someone would be willing to collect PayPal donations, attend the event, and fill out the raffle tickets for the NES community that could not make it.

Last edited:
I am out of the country from the 14th though the 1st. If the event falls during this period, count me in for a donation, otherwise, I will attend.

In. Jack was a rare breed. Awesome guy and friendly to a perfect stranger like myself, gone pheasant hunting with him and got my first bird. I'll never forget his kindness. It took me awhile to respond to this. Please let me know the details

I will be in for the raffle but probably wont shoot though. It will have to be after work for me.

I might not be able to make it. But I will send/drop off my $20.

I bet if you decouple the raffle from the event, you will raise a lot more money for the family. Or if that is cumbersome, maybe someone would be willing to collect PayPal donations, attend the event, and fill out the raffle tickets for the NES community that could not make it.

Yeah, de-couple the raffle. First 20 gets you in the door and gets you a raffle ticket. Subsequent raffle tickets available for 20 each. Make tickets available in advance for those who can't be present. If you're out of state and win, winner pays the transfer fee and FFL at their end. That would let out of state NES people like me buy a ticket or two - which is money for a good cause and doesn't bring the operating cost up at all...

Yeah, de-couple the raffle. First 20 gets you in the door and gets you a raffle ticket. Subsequent raffle tickets available for 20 each. Make tickets available in advance for those who can't be present. If you're out of state and win, winner pays the transfer fee and FFL at their end. That would let out of state NES people like me buy a ticket or two - which is money for a good cause and doesn't bring the operating cost up at all...
Solid

Back
Top Bottom