• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fun things to shoot at ?

Shotgun shells were fun.

Usuallly cans and bottles, with a quarter stuck somewhere for real "bull's-eye" practice.

When we were kids, our father would throw an old can in the river, and we'd try to sink it before it floated away. That's before litter. ;-)

At our club (Auburn Sportsman's), we can't shoot at anything other than paper targets on the club's hangers.

Last edited:
This is the one I think is the most fun

4a000ef416858760a9543c5466c88be5.jpg

Has anybody tried MegaBOOM? Basically an adapter for pressurizing water and soda bottles. Kind of pricey for what it is, but the concept is cool.

Way to much effort..... ... In a year they will be at Walgreens section.....As seen on TV for a limited time 19.95$

Last edited:
15 bucks buys a 25 lb bag of Plaster of Paris at Home Depot. Mix with water and fill 6, 8, 12oz or whatever size you want cheap plastic cups. They come out easy, you can re-use the cups and the the targets go POOF.

Last edited:
15 bucks buys a 25 lb bag of Plaster of Paris at Home Depot. Mix with water and fill 6, 8, 12oz or whatever size you want cheap plastic cups. They come out easy, you can re-use the cups and the the targets go POOF.

Interesting.
I thought plaster of paris was something we did as kids in elementary school. What aisle should I be looking for it at Home Depot?

Interesting.
I thought plaster of paris was something we did as kids in elementary school. What aisle should I be looking for it at Home Depot?

No....Plaster of Paris was in that video that leaked....nevermind

That sounds like a bunch of fun, I'll have to look into it. I love clay pigeons, they're cheap, and biodegradeable, but this seems cheaper and possible more fun.

Plaster of Paris is isn't water soluble. Is there some other mixture that might explode but degrade without solvent therefore leaving no permanent mess?

If you want to go that route use Durabond mix. It is a fast setting joint compound. Home Depot sells some that sets up in 15 minutes.

I like clays thrown on the backstop, if the club allows it. As you shoot them the pieces get smaller and harder to hit. Or they flip over and are harder to see.

My girlfriend will shake up seltzer cans and throw them from about 10 feet diagonally behinds. Pretty fun to try and knock them down. Need to be careful not to raise your muzzle above the berm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I went to the range yesterday...alone.....and i had the range all to myself. I was alone. Nobody else was even close.

But when i went down range to hang my targets I notices the remains of a lot of balloons. So probably somebody made some fun targets for their kid or whatever.

And this weekend my girls are going camping with the girl scouts so I've been in fire teaching mode. So we've been using matches and other things. Not important....

Anyway, what about filling balloons with propane and adding some kind of ignition so when the balloons are shot and the gas escapes you get a nice fireball? Just need a somewhat safe ignition source as I'm not sure the bullet will do....

Back
Top Bottom