• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fun day shooting

peterk123

NES Member
We finally had a chance to get into the action pit in our club today. We brought along four steel targets and practiced drawing from the holster, firing three rounds, reloading and firing another three rounds. Man, we forgot how much fun that can be. Good way to finish off the fourth of July weekend. Hope you guys got out as well. Pete

\

Nice - I couldn’t get to the range or field at all these past 4 days. Sucks, but a lot of the stuff that needed to be done at the house were completed.

Nice. I, too made it to the range this long weekend! First time in several months.

Lady Radtekk and I finally made it to the range today. Busy few weeks, too long for here and doubt anybody would care...

Over the last few months in prep for our move to Tennessee I picked up an xD 9mm with a light for her for a nightstand gun and a GP100 4" with a kydex OWB holster for walking the property for critters. 9mm just isn't as good as 357 for yotes. So we shot those some, stretched out my e-Series 1911 and xD45 EDC also.

Then over to rifle. Picked up a 75 round drum for the WASR in January, finally got to try it out. Member I bought it from was honest and said he bought it used, cleaned it, put it back together but never tried it. I sprayed some CLP in it, loaded it, and dug a hole in the berm with it. Flawless! Put 3 mags (90 rounds) of 223 in a 2" hole with the Windham AR at 50 yards using a bipod. Finished up with a box of 200gr jhp 44mag through the Henry lever. That group was a little ragged at 5-6" but seated, no rest, with a 1-3x scope I'm not gonna complain:D

Then home, taco salad with Lady and Princess (the younger) Radtekk. All in all, about a 9 of 10 score for the day.

OP, thanks for the thread!

Back
Top Bottom