Fun 7.62x39 Rifle?

Yugo or non-Russian SKS since it's cheaper than an AK. If you can find a Saiga for under $600, probably one of those too. I personally haven't seen how WASRs or Century Arms AKs are a good buy.

Yugo or non-Russian SKS since it's cheaper than an AK. If you can find a Saiga for under $600, probably one of those too. I personally haven't seen how WASRs or Century Arms AKs are a good buy.

Whether or not wasr is a good buy depends on your pocketbook. I can say if you get one you won't regret it. The trigger on them is surprisingly good.

Basic ak .
I'd avoid aks like some of century's and others that have know documented problems.

Ak operators Union dose real testing and reviews.
The ras 47 started to fall apart and head space went bad. .

Whether or not wasr is a good buy depends on your pocketbook. I can say if you get one you won't regret it. The trigger on them is surprisingly good.

I personally think it's better to just go with a Vepr since Veprs aren't that much more. The cheaper option is the SKS, and if we're talking about a range toy that won't get accessorized, a SKS should do.

I would grab an OK condition SKS (beat wood, chipped, cracked, etc) and one of those bullpup conversions for it.

That way, you have a pretty fun rifle that you just don't see every day, yet has pretty common parts.

New wasr ak47 runs at 600 so its only a few more hundreds then an sks

But sks is on my list of things i want...i just happen to come across a great deal for an AK arpund the sandyhook stuff happen

if you can have only one I would vote for a SKS.... although if you cant have fun with a AK that functions and dump a a drum or 2 into a old fridge.well maybe shooting is not for you.

I love the good old SKS.
Old design with character and historic charm, check.
Rugged as all heck, check
Eats any and all ammo even if you never clean it (probably due to really loose tolerances), check
Relatively cheap, check

I love the Russians but they are a little more expensive and an as-issued one is sort of collectible and it would be a shame to beat it up as a range toy/blaster.

SKS Sporters or Ms or Ds are nice too because they take AK mags but they cost about the same as an AK. In CT the AK is banned so the SKS is a nice alternative.

I too agree with SKS, but also own a ruger mini 30 that eats up the commie ammo with no issues.

I have owned two post 580 series Mini-30's, my current one is a scout setup, and I love it. That said, they have a known history of issues with anything other that brass cased boxer primed ammo (I prefer Red Army Elite or Fiocchi), and while as I said, I love mine, I would *NOT* recommend one in this case - moreover, it's almost 2x the cost of a nice com-block SKS (never mind the cost of reliable ammo).

I'm glad yours will eat the stuff, but it's the only one I have ever heard of that will.

Back
Top Bottom