Full size striker fired 9MM

I'm going to have to mention my xd45 it runs smooth I bet xd9 is just as smooth if not smoother I will also mention my sd9ve great point and shoot ergonomics runs nice not expensive I can't compare it to a glock cause I have never shot one, you tube videos that I have seen shows them comparable. I'm in trouble for this statement.[emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

My brother! See post 20...

I've only had one Glock have issues through literally thousands of rounds. Was just a worn out Gen2. My Gen4's haven't had issues.

Granted I'm only 5-600 rounds into my Sig P320C, it's definitely a close contender. Once I can, it'll be getting Dawson sights and Apex Advance trigger.

When I'm at the range with my buddy, I can't pass up putting a box through his 92. Can't really go wrong with any of em!

Yes, I just traded one away. But scoping out a 9E, since I still have two mags from the SR9

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, I have the Kahr P9, the most accurate gun I've ever fired and never a glitch. Would love to try a Steyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a Steyr?

- - - Updated - - -

So any reason the Canik SF over the SA? From what I've read the SA's decocker is not really an issue. It takes some pressure to decock it.

Looks like an SF. The SF has a dovetail front sight while the SA is staked.

you will hear many people claim that the decocker on the TP9SA is a non-issue, but you won't hear anyone explain how it's useful. personally i avoided the Canik until the TP9SF came on scene. Canik evolved their pistol from a P99 DA/SA system to a PPQ-type SA design. the TP9SA was basically a point in time for them. it is clearly a gun on its way to becoming the TP9SF. the only reason to buy a TP9SA is maybe if you find a cheap one. otherwise there's no reason to chose a gun with a pointless decocker on top when one could just have the TP9SF.

i paid $320 shipped for my TP9SF. it's one of the finest pistols I own and build quality is on par with guns twice it's price.

What, no love for the FNS-9 ???

fn-usa-fns-9mm-left2.jpg

Glock. Best kaboom for your buck! [rofl]

Canik is a solid range gun option as well, but...

VP9 Tactical.

/thread.

Glock 34.

Great pistol for any type of shooting sports. Will work well as a home defense pistol.

Parts and mags are dirt cheap ($20.00 mags) and readily available.
Another nice note: preban mags are around for this pistol.
Nice trigger and easy availability if you just buy the frame separately. Price is around $650.00 completely assembled.

The Lego of pistols and is super easy to disassemble to work on!

You will run out of funds for ammo before you can break this pistol by shooting it![rofl]

PS. Will hold it's value better than most as well. It's a Glock in MA.[smile]

Last edited:
Which striker fired full size 9MM do you have and why?
I'm especially interested in the G17 Gen4 and the VP9. As a former 92FS owner, I'm leaning towards another but prefer striker fired.
$ for $ which is the best value? Reliability I know favors G17. 92FS is right there with it, VP9 isn't out long enough compared to the other two. I don't care about capacity, it will be a range gun 95% of the time.

I have only one Glock since 1989 - a Glock 17. I CCW it daily here in VT and NH. Great carry pistol at 32 ounces loaded.

What, no love for the FNS-9 ???

fn-usa-fns-9mm-left2.jpg

I was very enamored with this gun until I realized it has absolutely no aftermarket support, so forget cleaning up the trigger pull, etc. (its a tad on the 6-7lb heavy side, although itd probably work in with use).

The magazines are also stupidly expensive, like HK expensive. Brownells, CDNN, etc. lists them at like $45/apiece. Like WTAF?

Even Sig P320 mags can be found discounted in the $33 range.

That kind of thing doesn't matter if the buyer is "johnny 2 box at the range, just uses what came with the gun" kind of guy, but I'm more of a "needs 6 mags in inventory to sleep properly at night, but 12 is better" kind of guy, particular on a full
size 9mm.

At least FN had the smarts to make an FNS-9-NS version of the gun, without the worthless safety lever on the side.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom