• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Full Size M&P .45

erics506

NES Member
Is the full size Smith and Wesson M&P in .45 Mass compliant?

I would like to find a nice used one. I have only seen one such listing in the classified section over the last 6 months or so. I was too slow in responding to get that one.

They seem to be a rare item in Mass.

The full size, mid size (full size frame, shortened slide) and compact are all MA compliant (with the horrid 10lb trigger).

Check with Blue Northern Trading- I seem to remember seeing a full size .45 in there the other day.

I know the full and compact(which I have) are MA compliant but didn't think the mid size was. Love the compact and the option to use the full size mag with the xgrip.
I know you're looking for used but according to the First Defense website they have both the full and compact.
http://firstdefensefirearms.com

Last edited:
The mid size is definitely compliant.

S&W is good about getting stuff on the list, probably due to the fact that they are MA based. I, for one, appreciate this.

The MA SP now have the Mid-Size... S&W must have got some special consideration on it... I didn't realize the Compact got the blessing... I might have to go get one now that I won't have to pay the non compliant upcharge...

The full size is compliant. I bought mine at Blue Northern. I remember the only one being on the list was the one without thumb safety and without a magazine disconnect. So the good one...

I have the full size and I love it. And I fought many years talking smack about the M&P line but I am a convert and cannot say enough about mine. May I recommend a Greg Derr trigger job, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another fan of the M&P full size 45. Got mine from a guy moving out of state a couple of years ago. I have done trigger jobs on about 8-10 of them for people since then. Some with Apex kits, some just cleaning up the stock internals. Great gun once the trigger is normalized.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom