• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FULL-AUTO SUB-GUN ACTION SHOOT - July 29, 2007

***** TENTATIVE NEW DATE, SUNDAY, JULY 29 *******

Harvard Sportsmen's Club will be holding an Action Shooting style fun-shoot for full-auto pistol-caliber sub-guns. There will be three stages that will include a mix of paper targets, moving targets, steel targets, and bowling pins. Shooters will be moving and shooting similar to IPSC style shooting (but less moving, more shooting). Shooters can shoot for score or just for fun.

SUNDAY, JULY 29, 9:00
HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB
ACTION SHOOTING PITS
$15 fee for non HSC members
www.harvardsporstmensclub.org

To keep it fun and smooth, there is a 30 shooter limit, and there are still a small number of slots remaining. We expect to be complete by lunchtime although shooters can continue as long as we have ammo and energy.

YOU MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED TO SHOOT.
Please contact Dan Hurley to sign-up at [email protected].

Also to keep it fun for everyone, all guns must be full-auto and must be set to full-auto while shooting. So, if you've got one and you want to do something a little different with it, come join the fun.

"
subgun.jpg
"

Last edited by a moderator:
********* TENTATIVE NEW DATE ***************

SUNDAY, JULY 29, PLEASE SEE ORIGINAL POST.

Last edited:
TENTATIVE NEW DATE, SUNDAY, JULY 29

********* TENTATIVE NEW DATE ***************

SUNDAY, JULY 29, PLEASE SEE ORIGINAL POST.

Is this for anyone or for class 111 holders only?

This is for full-auto sub-guns only. If you own one, then you know the rules. If you don't own one, but you know somebody who will be there to let you use theirs, then that certainly would be fine.

Spectators?

I'm a member at Harvard. Are spectators welcome? ...assuming I don't sleep in Saturday :)

The flyer shows an M4-type and an M1 Carbine but I'm guessing .223 and .30 don't qualify as 'subgun' ammo?

I'm a member at Harvard. Are spectators welcome? ...assuming I don't sleep in Saturday :)

The flyer shows an M4-type and an M1 Carbine but I'm guessing .223 and .30 don't qualify as 'subgun' ammo?

Absolutely, spectators are welcome. I couldn't say how much fun it will be to watch, but at least the Hot Dog Lady will be there.

You're correct that .223 and .30 carbine don't qualify for sub-guns, but many folks shoot conversions because it can save them a lot of money. One of the more popular toys will be 9mm uppers on M-16s.

That sounds like alot of fun, too bad I have to work that day.Maybee I can sneak down @ lunch to see the action. Your not that far from Lowell. I dont know if you saw the post but the Pelham Fish and Game in Pelham NH is doing a Sub Gun Shoot/ Fund Raiser August 5th. There will be Rentals available, also people are welcome to bring there own subguns, Maybee you could mention it to your shooters

I dont know if you saw the post but the Pelham Fish and Game in Pelham NH is doing a Sub Gun Shoot/ Fund Raiser August 5th. There will be Rentals available, also people are welcome to bring there own subguns, Maybee you could mention it to your shooters

That's a great idea. I'll spread the word.

We had great weather and about 20 shooters turn out to shoot the poppers, the plates, the swingers, and the bowling pins. Three courses of fire with distances varying from 20 to 45 yards and each course included a variety of targets. There were a few alpha dogs going for best time with Neil Borges taking home the SigArms range bag "trophy." Most were there to just have fun running through the courses. Shooters were generously sharing everything from an MP5, to a Thompson, to M16s with 9mm uppers, Mac10s, a Steyr, ... It was a beautiful thing.

Next time, if you've got 'em, don't be afraid to bring 'em.

Back
Top Bottom