• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Full auto Glock parts

It's really quite simple if you look at the actual definition of a machine gun from the law:

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

The bolded part means something like a lightning link or a Glock conversion backplate is considered a machine gun even though by itself it can't actually do anything. That's why this guy is screwed.

It’s no so much that is has changed as understanding what constitutes a machine gun. You don’t need the rest of an AR for the receiver to be a firearm and require a dealer to sell. For the machine gun, you often have a couple options. You can register the existing serialized receiver as the machine gun or you can register the part that makes it full auto as machine gun which gives you two serialized pieces.

With the Glock, the full auto sear is the machine gun. For your ar it is usually the receiver with m16 sear or it’s the DIAS or lightening link.

For an MP5 it can either be a manufactured full auto trigger group or the receiver of a completely built MG.

Don’t compare to sbrs and constructive possession. For MGs certain parts are machine guns independent of anything else you own.

Years ago though the MG possession requirements under the law (to bag someone on possession) required at least a receiver + whatever. For example they couldn't really bag someone who had a DIAS on his desk and no ARs in the house. Like, DIAS, + receiver = conviction, etc.

I've never even heard of someone being arrested for just a few parts.

ETA: Just read mlaboss's post above.

-Mike

My question is better stated as an Xray is one thing. But how is the USPS being able to correctly identify this and tens of millions of other parts and products and know what is illegal? These items are often in a box with lots of other metal stuff and could be xrayed at many different angles/perspectives. I'm not sure if there's enough computing power at the NSA to correctly identify every part/product that is shipped through the USPS via Xray.

So how/why did they catch this item?

Its simple, they catch a tiny percentage, this guy just happens to be the .0001% that gets caught. But we only hear about the ones that got caught, not the 99.9999% that they missed.

Its simple, they catch a tiny percentage, this guy just happens to be the .0001% that gets caught. But we only hear about the ones that got caught, not the 99.9999% that they missed.

I still think it's an inside job, someone tipped them off, otherwise it's a needle in a haystack....

-Mike

I still think it's an inside job, someone tipped them off, otherwise it's a needle in a haystack....

-Mike

Nah - who would have that kind of a vendetta against that guy? My best guess is wrong city, wrong place, and bolting when you see the blues light up (wrong time).

-Mike
Quite possible though I would say that so much contraband material passes through the usps that they are bound to find something sooner or later. I’ve had some crazy stuff shipped through them. Awhile back I was looking for some industrial grade ant killer called Termidor-SC as I read it was the be all end all. Not only was it liquid but it was also hazardous. A place in Georgia shipped it loose in a flat rate box. You could hear the concentrate sloshing around in the box. And nobody thought to ask themselves what might be in there during that long journey? Well, thanks to them I have been ant free for 5 years!

Nah - who would have that kind of a vendetta against that guy? My best guess is wrong city, wrong place, and bolting when you see the blues light up (wrong time).
I think the source of his purchase might have had something to do with it as well.

Is the Glock full auto switch kit still being sold on Amazon? If so, don't buy!

Maybe China Post is a scam site run by the ATF. [laugh]

• NOTE:please confirm if you can use it in the city state where you are first.Then make a purchase(This is not a toy gun accessory)
  • Note: Before buying, compare the dimensions to avoid errors.
  • GLOCK Continuous Switch: Suitable for 17/ 22/23/24/35/36 and 43 Multiple models, etc.Basic models are universal
  • Our products are all issued by China Post. If we are not in a hurry, our logistics will normally arrive at your hands within 10-20. Sorry for the inconvenience, please forgive me.

51-abSFtszL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/TOOBIT-Accessories-3PCS-Tactical-Rubber-41Universal/dp/B07Q41D8Z8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=24ZIOBT520I75&keywords=glock+full+auto+switch+kit&qid=1555283873&s=gateway&sprefix=glock+fu,aps,136&sr=8-1

Feds or whoever it was wanted a nice felony wrapped up in a bag, whoever sold him the devices tipped them off and likely walked for
something else.

(eta: or USPS has got the shippers flagged?)

"Add to cart go directly to jail..." [rofl] There's at least a few other ones. "Semi Automatic Continuous Switch" [rofl]

LMAO if it's the same as these... maybe that guy ain't goin ta jail.... [rofl]

-Mike

These switches are all over the Internet (China), I had assumed they are scams or the ATF and/or other Maura-ish types.

Somebody got tipped off, he probably responded to the ad in shotgun news lmao.... (is it still there) ?

^The Shotgun News!!! When I was a kid I would scoff old issues from my friend’s dad. I completely blame that magazine for my firearm addiction!! It was like a Sears Wishbook for gun lovers...

Just requires a little fitting. [smile]

Yes, that's what one of the youtube commenters speculated. Does make me wonder though, whether or not a good attorney could cast doubt in regards to it really being a "machinegun part"
and so forth. We'll likely never see this ever tested because the guy will probably suck for some kind of a plea deal.

-Mike

Why are the sources not required to be class 3 FFL's that can only ship to a class 3 FFL? Feels like a Jupiter FL massage gone wild

A conviction would have been more difficult if instead of opening the package he marked it "return to sender, not ordered" and left it unopened to season for a few weeks in case the door got kicked down.

In September 2004 the ATF decided that a 14 inch long shoestring was considered a machine gun:

It's really quite simple if you look at the actual definition of a machine gun from the law:

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

The bolded part means something like a lightning link or a Glock conversion backplate is considered a machine gun even though by itself it can't actually do anything. That's why this guy is screwed.

Sounds like a "Cooperating Witness" to me.

Investigators received information from Homeland Security Investigators that a package containing two of the automatic converter switches addressed to a residence in Calumet City were intercepted at a postal facility, the Cook County sheriff’s department said.

All rubber bands and shoe strings are now ATF NFA items

Sounds like entrapment to me. Let's see how the Jupiter massage parlor plays out

Last edited:
Anyway, most people don't have milling machines so 3D printing will be the future and all I wonder is how possession of the files to 3D print them will be treated, even if you don't have a printer. I would have to believe that would fall under constructive possession.
A source file is merely a blueprint, so far possession of blueprints for even very illegal things is legal under Federal law.

First time they try, ask the ACLU to take it on as a first amendment case.

Back
Top Bottom