Full Auto .22

There should be a .22lr exemption for MG laws. Heck, there shouldn't be MG laws, but short of full happiness, I'll settle for .22lr happiness.

That is awsome,wonder what the price tag is on one of those....

About 1800.00 for the upper which is what they sell. The only downside is that you HAVE to have an M16 lower...not an AR lower. So, in order to purchase this, you'll need the M16, then the 1800.00 for the upper. I'm going to guess you can get into this for around 15K or so...give or take a few grand.

Looks like an update version of the American 180 (probably a 180 drum mag on that AM-15)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to find somebody willing to step in front of a .22 round just because its small doesn't mean it can't kill you. A hole is a hole.

Just ask Bobby Kennedy.... oh wait, he's not answering any questions at the moment.

I have yet to find somebody willing to step in front of a .22 round just because its small doesn't mean it can't kill you. A hole is a hole.

I totally agree, in fact I have even thought about using my new SR22 as a lightweight summer carry alternative. The only fear I would have would be the odd FTF you get every now and then with rimfire ammo. A .22 in the pocket is always better than a .45 in your safe at home...

Thats exactly right. Its a M16 upper that uses an American 180 mag. By the way, there are now mags for the American 180 that hold 275 rounds. Unfortunately, you need an M16 lower to make it go full auto at about 10,000 to start.

I keep hoping they will make one for the M11/9.

I've got a M11/9 with a Lage Upper and a Lage .22 conversion. It runs great, but the mag holds a comparatively wimpy 40 rounds.
.22 kits are the only way to go. Lots of fun and you aren't thinking about the cost when you are shooting.

Don

My brother-in-law shooting it for the first time:

[video=youtube_share;5AfXc2qxUug]http://youtu.be/5AfXc2qxUug[/video]

11K buys you a no-name lower that was quickly made before the law went into effect in 86.

A Colt M16 A2 can push $30K.

Don

p.s. don't forget that crank fire guns are not considered to be MGs by the ATF.

Back
Top Bottom