• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fu@king Trace Adkins

If you are referring to Bourbon, don't try to tell John Wayne that.
TRUE+GRIT+NEW+FINAL+with+genuine+smaller.jpg

The only major show that place has up now is another Trace Adkins show in June 2022.
The venue has around 100k of tickets with its capacity
If the artist gets 75%/75k of the take they have 25k left over.
How is Indian Ranch even in business ?
They make most of the money on concession sales. The owner told me that their biggest grossing show as ZZ TOP. Those guys got $100k for that show.

Reality check. They were lucky Trace's management team even answered their call. The fact that he had to cancel was because he had an opportunity he couldn't turn down. Trace plays small venues because he likes the small crowds. It's easier to drink a beer at the bar, play a set, and mingle with the crowd. But when Hollywood calls, with 8 digits offered, you got to go.

With Susan Sarandon as a co-star in a country music show, how can this not print money. [rofl]

Premiering at midseason, “Monarch” is described as “an epic, multigenerational musical drama about America’s first family of country music,” the fictional Romans. Adkins will be starring on the show alongside previously announced leads Susan Sarandon and Anna Friel.

Per Fox, “In ‘Monarch’ ‘Texas Truthteller’ and reigning King of Country Music Albie Roman (Adkins), along with his insanely talented, but tough as nails wife, Queen of Country Music Dottie Cantrell Roman (Sarandon), have created a country music dynasty. But even though the Roman name is synonymous with authenticity, the very foundation of their success is a lie. And when their reign as country royalty is put in jeopardy, heir to the crown Nicolette “Nicky” Roman (Friel) will stop at nothing to protect her family’s legacy, while ensuring her own quest for stardom.”

Nope.

Amazingly, "Indian" is the official government term for the native people. I used to work at US Fish and Wildlife, and used the term "Indian". A woke shitbag (introduced himself to me as a "Green Beret" - and never recovered any credibility in my mind) started arguing about how I should have used the term "native american" - blah blah blah (he's Cherokee or something too) offensive and racist and colonizer, blah blah blah.
When he was through with his spiel, I reminded him that our Agency, the Department of the Interior, has an arm called "Bureau of INDIAN Affairs". So since we were in an official meeting, he could shove his PC BS up his a$$ and eff right the eff off. My boss couldn't stop laughing at the look on his face.

That said - who's in on a pool for when BIA gets woken and name changed?

Listen Mister Indigineous Aquatic Vertebrata. . . . it was a joke. Like Washington Foozball Team. ;)

LOL ... Op, you didn't think of checking?

With everything thst is going on, even buying tickets 24hrs before the show is a risk.

What if you drove there only to find out you needed to show your vax papers?

Going to a show is like flying, you always check online before driving to make sure sh*t is still on schedule.

I'd have checked, but I'm paranoid like that.

I had a luncheon yesterday at the 99 next to M60's Five Gays Massive Throbbing Ribeye Emporium in Wareham yesterday. I wanted to see how far it was from the office. Apple Maps tells me it's permanently closed. LOL. Sure. Actually went to the 99 website to confirm. I was a bit nervous.

So. . . . . sometimes you check and STILL wouldn't find anything.

I had a luncheon yesterday at the 99 next to M60's Five Gays Massive Throbbing Ribeye Emporium in Wareham yesterday. I wanted to see how far it was from the office. Apple Maps tells me it's permanently closed. LOL. Sure. Actually went to the 99 website to confirm. I was a bit nervous.

So. . . . . sometimes you check and STILL wouldn't find anything.

[laugh]

Bummer. My favorite song.

Good video and a great song/presentation. Sometimes just a simple studio rendition is much better than an elaborate, made-up video story.

Thanks for posting it for us.

And a great, big "LETS GO BRANDON" for any Trace Adkins-naysayers.

With Susan Sarandon as a co-star in a country music show, how can this not print money. [rofl]
5r1snn.jpg

OTOH, Google Maps is still too busy unilaterally claiming that
restaurants are doing things like dressing their servers in space suits
and disinfecting counter surfaces between customers with a gamma-ray sled.

Even if you just ate there and know that they are back to
giving the bar a light swipe with a rag,
Google has no public interface for updating the health and safety description.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom