FTF Industries - anyone else had bad luck with them lately?

I've ordered a ton of stuff from FTF in the past with great success.

Recently bought a compensator and other small parts - they billed me for the comp (on the invoice), and sent me a much less expensive thread protector. I emailed them the part number for what I ordered, explained what happened, and they promptly responded and shipped me out another package... which contained a photocopied page of a fact sheet for some kind of pharmaceutical, and a flash hider (not the comp I ordered). Now they're not responding to email; it's been a few days.

Now I'm sure in their minds, maybe, it seems like I'm pulling a fast one - but really I just want my damn comp. Am I the a-hole if I do a credit card chargeback or something? Does coronavirus go to the brain?

They can be hit or miss sometimes. Just when you think they screwed you, they email you or the order shows up

Lack of communication and sending you the wrong parts twice looks like they can’t be trusted to do what they say they will.

On the other hand, every business is under stress these days, so lack of communication isn’t surprising.

I would give them another chance to make it right, then contest the charges if/when they can’t.

They have a bad rep on AR15.com going back at least 15 yrs.

Posted: 1/5/2005 10:24:51 PM EDT

I orderd a couple sets of parts from them about three weeks ago. I sent payment for two sets along with a copy of the E-mail I got from them quoting me a price on two sets. A week later I got ONE set in a box clearly big enough for two sets. I e-mailed them and was assured that they would send the second set out the next morning. A week goes by so I asked for a tracking # and was told that they would e-mail a tracking # on monday. Tuesday rolls around, still no package or tracking # so I e-mailed again and have yet to get a response.

I ordered some MAC 10 stuff recently from FTF - they sent me what I ordered, but good to know I got lucky. Try USmachinegun.com. One man show but a decent guy who will pick up the phone and talk to you if there is an issue with an order.

I’ve never had a problem with FTF. I ordered parts and they arrived. I built that box of M16 display parts and gave it to a buddy. I have a new idea to use a solid blank of Lexan and make it ‘functional’, just the FCG section - might get on that during the foolishness.

Back
Top Bottom