• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FTE's on a CZ-75

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
So when I was at the range a week or so ago, out of about 150 rounds of Winchester WB 9mm, I had two failures to eject. The empty casing just didn't get pulled all the way out of the chamber.

It was the last round in the magazine both times, but I didn't think to mark the magazine the first time, so I don't know if it was the same mag both times.

The gun had been cleaned beforehand.

Any suggestions on my next course of action with this? Send it directly to CZ, or shoot some more (and this time number the magazines)?

Doesn't sound like a mag. problem if all the rounds fed properly. Sounds like an extractor problem - weak spring, worn, dirty. Even after a good cleaning, you can get a piece of brass caught in there. What did the case lip look like after the failed extraction?

I didn't think to look. When I took the mag out, the slide went forward and once I opened the slide again, the case ejected properly.

Back
Top Bottom