• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FT-2900R Issues

Hey all,

I'm trying to program my Yaesu FT-2900R (2m mobile) using CHIRP. The data transfers back and forth from radio to PC just fine, but I seem to lose VFO capabilities when the radio is programmed via the computer.

I've tried googling around, but there isn't anything out there that touches on this that I can find.

Anyone else have one of these radios than can chime in?

Well, nothing concrete...but I wonder if the radio got dumped into MEMORY ONLY MODE as mentioned in this QRZ forum reply.

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/ft-2900r-vs-ft-2800m.213474/

Is it possible that CHIRP enabled this feature?

And it looks like you can easily get out of it.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/381752/Yaesu-Ft-2900r.html?page=46

To place the radio into the Memory Only mode, turn it off. Now press and hold in the
[ D/MR ( MW )] key while turning the radio on. The VFO and Home Channel will now be
disabled.
To return to normal operation, repeat the above power-on procedure.
The FT-2900R's scanning capability provides the operator with many convenient methods
of rapid frequency navigation

Last edited:
I have had CHIRP do weird things to me when using it to program my FT-90R, did you save a image if the radio before you dicked it up? That is what I did, just restored it to where it was originally and then reprogrammed it from there.

I have had CHIRP do weird things to me when using it to program my FT-90R, did you save a image if the radio before you dicked it up? That is what I did, just restored it to where it was originally and then reprogrammed it from there.

Thankfully, W1SRA was the only thing I had programmed in before I started dicking around in CHIRP.

blindfire, that worked. thanks a bunch dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom