• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Front Site Training

A family member of mine living in the midwest asked me over the weekend if I knew anything about Dr. Piazza's operation. http://www.frontsight.com/ He got a "lifetime membership" for an impossibly good price and wondered if it's for real.

I saw a couple of reviews here from a few years ago, but nothing recent.

Anyone have intel?

ETA: I found this old thread. Mixed reviews and definitely "overpriced" and "old school techniques" come up. Just wondering if anyone had any newer information.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/60424-Front-Sight-Offer

Last edited:
I had a long review typed out but my computer crashed on me and I lost it. Here is a shorter version.
My friends and I bought lifetime memberships when Igantious was selling them for $1000 each. It sounded like a good deal. First know that you will get constant calls and emails and letters tring to sell you more shit. Its annoying. I have been out there 3 times. The methods that they teach are seriously outdated. And god forbid you ask a question, you will get a half ass explaination like "Thats how we do it" or "Just try it, it works". Any instructor that gives those answers isnt worth training with because he doesnt understand or cant articulate the explaination. If you are serious about firearms training, dont waste your time and money at Front Sight. It will take you too long to break that bad habits you pick up out there. If you are serious and want to train with the top guys in the firearms industry, Here are some recommendations.
Pistol - Rob Pincus, Combat Focus Shooting.
Rifle- Kyle Lamb
Close Quarters pistol - Craig Douglas, ECQC, Shivworks
Knife fighting - Michael Janich
Snub nose revolver - Claude Warner

All of these instructors come to New England at least once a year. Rob Pincus has a network of 40 certified Combat Focus Shooting Instructors, and has 4 in Massachusetts.

Thanks Shepherd. I forwarded your review to my family member along with the other thread on Front Site. Fortunately he paid a lot less for his membership, so he's not out too much money.

I wasn't planning on going myself. There are too many good options locally.

Back
Top Bottom