• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Front Sight Ruger SR22

What is the best way to drift the front sight on my Ruger SR22? I belive it is plastic and just don't want to whack it with a punch and hammer. Why...because I have adjusted my rear sight so far that part of the right rear white dot is hidden. Anyway...I might just want to remove the front sight and replace it with a HiViz. Thanks all.

What is the best way to drift the front sight on my Ruger SR22? I belive it is plastic and just don't want to whack it with a punch and hammer. Why...because I have adjusted my rear sight so far that part of the right rear white dot is hidden. Anyway...I might just want to remove the front sight and replace it with a HiViz. Thanks all.

Find a punch with the widest end possible that will line up on the sight base and Tap don't WHACK.
Shim with wood under the slide so that the gun is not rolling and tipping when you tap.
Worst thing that happens is you end up breaking it and putting on the HIVis anyway.

Back
Top Bottom