Front Sight Pusher?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Need to drift the front sight on my K98 and while I could buy one specifically for this rifle I'm thinking that getting a Universal Sight Pusher might be a better idea.

Any particular one you could recommend? There are literally hundreds out there.

Like you said, there are many out there, some are over $300. I opted for this one, it's pretty basic but good enough for occasional use.

https://sightpusher.com/product/standard-handgun-sight-tool/

It's around $60-70, not too bad. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, and it requires care to set it up properly. For instance you have to put some shims under the slide to get it to the required height. Not hard, just takes a little care. But it's built very strong, no problem moving even tightly fitted sights. I've used it 2-3 times so far.

Std-tool-with-pin-block-beside-600x600.png

ETA: I forgot you're asking about a rifle. No idea what is required for that.

Last edited:
Like you said, there are many out there, some are over $300. I opted for this one, it's pretty basic but good enough for occasional use.

https://sightpusher.com/product/standard-handgun-sight-tool/

It's around $60-70, not too bad. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, and it requires care to set it up properly. For instance you have to put some shims under the slide to get it to the required height. Not hard, just takes a little care. But it's built very strong, no problem moving even tightly fitted sights. I've used it 2-3 times so far.

Std-tool-with-pin-block-beside-600x600.png

ETA: I forgot you're asking about a rifle. No idea what is required for that.

I bought the XL version of this one because the slide on my SR45 needed the extra space. I replaced the stock sights with TFX sights. My rear sight was red locktighted on at the factory and there was no way on God's green earth that thing was gonna drift off. This pusher did the job without doing any damage.

As Wheelgun stated is takes a little patience to get it set up just right and you need to put some cardboard or something to protect your slide from scratches but once it's set it works very well. I don't know how the eBay versions stack up to this one but they look similar and are usually a fair bit cheaper. I felt more comfortable getting mine direct from the manufacturer but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom