• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

front pocket pistol recommendations

Not a semi-auto, but the S&W 642 in a Mika pocket holster is my go to package. The revolver is practically a sealed unit to keep out lint and other debris. The sights suck but with a CTG lazer grip it just works great.

Unless you wear very baggy pants, carrying in your front pocket is a bad idea.

Carrying in your front pocket, especially a semi auto with no safety is insane.

The only gun I would even comsider for pocket carry is a 5 shot hammerless .38 revolver like an airweight or the like.

Agree with above on the BG380 and PM9, or the P380 if you can find one. The PM9 is the smallest 9mm gun. The Sig P365, Glock 42 and maybe a couple of others may be pocketable.
Nope, the CM9 is smaller. Got one and love it. So tiny I forget it’s there actually.

I am comfortable with my j frame 637 in pocket. The keltec p3-at we have in the house is my backup pocket carry, but I'm way more accurate with the j frame.

An LC9 may end up with me again when I have funds since it feels more comfy, but the first gen trigger was so bad I sold mine .

Unless you wear very baggy pants, carrying in your front pocket is a bad idea.

Carrying in your front pocket, especially a semi auto with no safety is insane.

No, it’s not. That is what a pocket holster is for. Just like a belt holster, a pocket holster covers the trigger guard and prevents the trigger from being pulled until you remove the gun from the holster.

I carry in a front pocket frequently. You don’t need to wear very baggy pants to do so. Skinny jeans are a bad idea in general, but also in particular for pocket carry.

Many of us have been pocket carrying small semi-autos in our front pockets for decades.

Nope, the CM9 is smaller. Got one and love it. So tiny I forget it’s there actually.

the CM9 is a PM9 with less machining and a MIM'ed slide stop rather than machined. the CM9 slide is a wee bit heavier due to not having the tapered cuts on top. for most holsters it doesn't matter although often the CM9 will fit a bit tighter in a holster compared to a PM9.

where the Kahr nomenclature gets even more confusing is the P9 and CW9, which are the same situation as PM9/CM9 except a little longer slide and grip.

Carried a PM9 for several years now in a front pocket. Looks like a phone in your pocket (a little poetic license but close).

The CM-9 has exactly the same dimensions as the PM-9, it is just the cheapened version.

the CM9 is a PM9 with less machining and a MIM'ed slide stop rather than machined. the CM9 slide is a wee bit heavier due to not having the tapered cuts on top. for most holsters it doesn't matter although often the CM9 will fit a bit tighter in a holster compared to a PM9.

where the Kahr nomenclature gets even more confusing is the P9 and CW9, which are the same situation as PM9/CM9 except a little longer slide and grip.

Correction noted, thanks

CW380 or LCPII (personally I would go for the CW380).
For me the PM9 is too big for front pocket.

Kahr CW380 in a Garrison Grip holster. The full panel on the outside face completely eliminates printing.

Of course a 9 is ideal but the CM9 is bigger and heavier so it just doesn't disappear the same way

If you’re looking for the smallest reliable gun it’s the Bodyguard in .380. If you want to go 9mm I highly recommend the Sig P356, it’s the same size as the P938 but it’s striker fire and has a ten round mag capacity.

I like the Alabama Holster kydex pocket holder. Will take 4-5 weeks to deliver and they’re asses when it comes to customer service but the pocket holsters are awesome (never had a problem w their holsters, just waiting on delivery and their attitude when you ask when it’s arriving). https://www.alabamaholster.com/product/front-pocket-holster/

I'm pretty happy with my P238 for pocket carry. Very reliable and accurate, slightly heavier, but it makes for more frequent practicing at the range.

Carried a p238 sig but wasn't sold on the .380. Bought a Kahr pm40 and got a desantis superfly holster. Then I noticed my glock 27 fit in the holster and my pocket so I carry it in my right front pocket with two spare mags in left rear pocket. The superfly squares off the gun so it looks like a wallet. A really thick wallet... [laugh]

“You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.”

I’m still trying to understand how a gun in a pocket would end up shooting oneself in your eye.

Maybe no holster: over-sized pocket, gun spins around to face muzzle up with the weight from the grip side going down. Hand reaching in to remove or junk in pocket presses down on the trigger?

Last edited:
No, it’s not. That is what a pocket holster is for. Just like a belt holster, a pocket holster covers the trigger guard and prevents the trigger from being pulled until you remove the gun from the holster.

I carry in a front pocket frequently. You don’t need to wear very baggy pants to do so. Skinny jeans are a bad idea in general, but also in particular for pocket carry.

Many of us have been pocket carrying small semi-autos in our front pockets for decades.

Yes it is.....and just because it is done, doesn't mean its a good idea and I'll bet that nobody doing it has ever had to draw it in a hurry, nor could they.

Back
Top Bottom