front pocket pistol recommendations

LOL. Just because it’s a great carry.

That, or the photo is too big for my 15" CRT monitor...

iu

Oh FFS. No, you are flat out wrong on this. You are viewing this situation emotionally without any logic.

Drawing a semi auto from a pocket holster in a hurry is no more dangerous than drawing from a hip holster in a hurry. You can shoot yourself either way if you get your finger on the trigger too soon. So don’t do that.

Furthermore, one of the great advantages of pocket carry is that you can put your hand in your pocket and grip the gun without anyone knowing, thus preparing yourself in the event that the situation goes south. In that case, you might draw it faster from your pocket than you could from a belt holster because you don’t have to first clear your cover garment and second grip your gun.

If you don’t believe me, try this. Get a semi-auto pocket pistol and a pocket holster. Verify that the gun is unloaded. Check it again. Put in the pocket holster and then in your pocket. Now start practicing draws. Do it a lot, fast and slow. You’ll find that not once have you accidentally pulled the trigger while drawing.
100%

Depends on the size of your pocket and the weight of the fabric in your pants. Jeans typically have the smallest front pockets (even Carhartt, which has the biggest pockets of any jeans I've seen), and some dress pants are also on the small side. You get a lot of opinions and everybody thinks he is the most right of all. That said, here are my observations from experience:

For jeans, Ruger LCP2 or SIG 238 would be my best choice. The Glock 42 fits ok in my Carhartts, but not in my Levis.

For dress pants, my go-to is the Glock 42 or SIG 238. Or, for winter-weight wool pants, the SIG 938.

For cargo pants or loose khakis, SIG 938 or Glock 43.

I'm not a snob for those brands, if you have the same size Kimber Micro or Springfield 911 as the SIG, good on ya. I don't like the triggers on the LC9S or EC9s, but YMMV. As for the Smith Bodyguard, I believe it is the single worst-designed firearm that S&W have ever made.

Depends on the size of your pocket and the weight of the fabric in your pants. Jeans typically have the smallest front pockets (even Carhartt, which has the biggest pockets of any jeans I've seen), and some dress pants are also on the small side. You get a lot of opinions and everybody thinks he is the most right of all. That said, here are my observations from experience:

For jeans, Ruger LCP2 or SIG 238 would be my best choice. The Glock 42 fits ok in my Carhartts, but not in my Levis.

For dress pants, my go-to is the Glock 42 or SIG 238. Or, for winter-weight wool pants, the SIG 938.

For cargo pants or loose khakis, SIG 938 or Glock 43.

I'm not a snob for those brands, if you have the same size Kimber Micro or Springfield 911 as the SIG, good on ya. I don't like the triggers on the LC9S or EC9s, but YMMV. As for the Smith Bodyguard, I believe it is the single worst-designed firearm that S&W have ever made.

You need to get your hands on a Sig P365 ;)

What are you guys doing with all your other EDC to free up an entire front pocket?
Knife moves to back right pocket, keys clip to a belt loop on a carabiner.

Pocket carry is a rarity for me since the smallest gun I have is a shield and it’s only when I run to the convenience store fast, or if I wear gym shorts.

In the latter case I clip my knife to my waist band and keys get stuffed uncomfortably in my left pocket with my wallet phone and a flashlight.

What are you guys doing with all your other EDC to free up an entire front pocket?

My Keys are on a lanyard made of 50' of braided paracord with a hefty brass catch, that I won in an NES karma. It hooks to a belt loop and is a very effective deterrent. Phone has a flashlight so I don't carry one. Back pocket holds knife on a clip, spare mag. PM9 in front right pocket.

My wife insists on shopping for clothes for me. Anytime she brings home pants I check the pocket depth before I even try them on. She finds me very annoying.
Most pants have pockets that are inadequate for hipsters who carry nothing but an iPhone and their vape, let alone consequential items. My girlfriend dreads pants shopping with me because I’ll pass over 90% of the options because they won’t fit an iPhone and flashlight in the same pocket.

Never understood these threads. Everyone is just gonna tell you what horrible gun they carry. You have no reference of how good they are at shooting, if they know what they are talking about etc.

A small synopsis on who you are and why you carry what you carry would be a bit more helpful and would cut down on worthless posts IMO.

Like "Hey I sell used cars. I carry a Sig P238 because the guy at the gun store marks that gun up a ton and knew he could sell me on it. I have been shooting 3x total in my life"

Or "Hey I work for Boston PD, when I am off duty I carry my backup gun in my coat pocket its a Glock 43. I shoot 2x a week, compete in USPSA, IDPA and have been involved in 2 defensive shootings over my career"

One of those carries some weight if I am looking for professional advice.. the other really doesn't.

That being said I am a Federal Officer, I compete in USPSA and IDPA with some success, and I wear pants that fit so I don't usually pocket carry. When I got to the gym I wear a Kimber K6 TLE 2" in my hoodie pocket.

+1 for Kahr PM9....has a long heavy 7lbs double action trigger. little chance of accidental discharge.
Add me to the list. PM9 with Desantis Super Fly pocket holster. Nice comfortable fit, no printing at all and a pretty smooth shooter considering it's small size!

Never understood these threads. Everyone is just gonna tell you what horrible gun they carry. You have no reference of how good they are at shooting, if they know what they are talking about etc.

A small synopsis on who you are and why you carry what you carry would be a bit more helpful and would cut down on worthless posts IMO.

Like "Hey I sell used cars. I carry a Sig P238 because the guy at the gun store marks that gun up a ton and knew he could sell me on it. I have been shooting 3x total in my life"

Or "Hey I work for Boston PD, when I am off duty I carry my backup gun in my coat pocket its a Glock 43. I shoot 2x a week, compete in USPSA, IDPA and have been involved in 2 defensive shootings over my career"

One of those carries some weight if I am looking for professional advice.. the other really doesn't.

That being said I am a Federal Officer, I compete in USPSA and IDPA with some success, and I wear pants that fit so I don't usually pocket carry. When I got to the gym I wear a Kimber K6 TLE 2" in my hoodie pocket.

Wow I've never even heard of that!? I've been wanting to get a revolver for a while and that seems great. Are they available in MA?

Wow I've never even heard of that!? I've been wanting to get a revolver for a while and that seems great. Are they available in MA?
Everything is available in MA.

But I’m just a weekend warrior who’s into tactical larping so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Oh yeah, I shoot frequently in the summer and rarely in the winter.

never liked the bg380 after shooting it. love the Taurus spectrum. Please don't trash it if you have no experience. It's been extremely reliable, as in no failures at all yet, not one, and it's small and smooth. I can even shoot it. having said that, i barely carry it, prefer a shield IWB or CZ75 Phantom OWB.

I wear pants that fit so I don't usually pocket carry.
That being said I am a Federal Officer
When I got to the gym I wear a Kimber K6 TLE 2" in my hoodie pocket.

You read that as "professional advice." I read it as irrelevant ... "I am a young cop who wears tight pants and never has to worry about concealment because of my badge. And when I am at the gym, I carry a wheel gun that weighs twice what a pocket pistol weighs, is 50% thicker an inch longer and you will have a hard time buying, but I don't have to worry about it because I can just take off my hoodie at the gym with my gun in the pocket, because I am a cop." You don't own, and have never carried a pocket pistol

It carries about as much weight as me telling the OP I was an Expert in rifle and pistol, combat Marine and carried an M16 with 6 mags and a full sized 1911. I don't "compete" regularly, and wouldn't really call combat a "defensive shooting" but did wear a CAR ( combat action ribbon). Like you, my experience is irrelevant to someone asking for advice about a pocket pistol.

When I can't carry a big ass gun, I carry a PM9 because it is surprisingly accurate out to 50 feet or more, is crazy reliable, can be reloaded twice as fast as any wheel gun and there are literally more varieties of ammo than Baskin Robbins has flavors. It is also the most comfortable pocket pistol available in 9mm, which means faster follow up shots.
If you have never fired 357 magnum out of a 2" snubby, it is very uncomfortable, kinda like slamming your hand in your car door.

When Sig fixes the 365 I will buy one, for sure. The 238 and the 938 have too many reported reliability issues and a Sig rep actually told a buddy of mine he wouldn't carry one for anything other than a backup
I don't like the Glock platform, grip angle, trigger etc. but would recommend one to those who do like Glocks. You almost can't go wrong with a Glock if you can shoot them well.
The Bodyguard is horrible to shoot and the LCP is a Ruger. Both shoot 380 which is a non starter for me, as ammo is more expensive and less effective. Recoil from the BG is worse, the LCP is about the same.

BG380 Non -lazor in a desantis pocket holster. Prints a little- ish, but I dont care. Most normies arent looking for guns anyway. Throw it in the pocket and forget about it. I got rid of the finger groove and lightly stippled the grip.

Back
Top Bottom